Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to start fletching my own arrows. I was looking at getting a Bitzenburger Jig, but I saw Cabelas Jig that fletches all three vanes at once. I like that idea. Has anyone used this jig?? If so how do you like it ? Is it as good as the Bitzenburger? They are the same price so that is not an issue. Any thoughts on the matter would be welcome.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
The Bitzenburger is alarmingly basic, but supremely repeatable.

The only complaint I have is that, after you have moved the settings, it is difficult to get the jig to match existing arrows. For example, I last fletched a dozen hunting arrows, 22xx with strong right helical. If I want to repair a torn vane on my smaller ACCs, I have to mess around a lot to get the new vanes to match the old ones.

I take the clamp off (very gently) after 5 minutes, mostly because I have the attention span of a gnat. I don't feel that I need something faster.

I like that the Bitz only works on one vane at a time. It is hard enough to get one vane on just right. I would not want to be placing another vane while one or two are still wet in the clamp.

Scott

·
Registered
44 Posts
fletching jig

arrowslinger,
I have a Bitzenberger that I have used for twenty-five years. It still puts them where you want them. I also have an Arizona Ezy Fletch. It also works very good. For accuracy in placing vanes or feathers the same time after time, I use the Bitz.
teacher

1 - 5 of 5 Posts