Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting some new arrows and want to fletch them up myself. I know the Bitzenburger is a great jig, but am tight on money and $100 for a jig right now would be hard(I just spent a lot of money on the new arrows and components.) I have been looking at the Bohning pro class jig. I will be using a 4-Fletch so the arizona EZ fletch won't work. Do you guys have any experience with the bohning pro class jig or do you have any other recommendations? Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I have been using a BPE Pro series fletching jig for 15+ years. I, too, use a 4 fletch….. easy to set up with this jig by adding an addition pin. In the instruction manual it tells where to set the pins and nock index for your desired fletching configuration. They sell for around $40-$60.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I am getting some new arrows and want to fletch them up myself. I know the Bitzenburger is a great jig, but am tight on money and $100 for a jig right now would be hard(I just spent a lot of money on the new arrows and components.) I have been looking at the Bohning pro class jig. I will be using a 4-Fletch so the arizona EZ fletch won't work. Do you guys have any experience with the bohning pro class jig or do you have any other recommendations? Thanks!!
You can (4) fletch with the Arizona EZ fletch. I have seen videos on it. I have never done it. The Arizona EZ is a great jig I have (2) plus the Bitz and use the Arizona more.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Have you used the driver 2.25? I am trying to decide between the 2.75 and the 2.25. I use fixed blade broadheads and I think I will do a 4 fletch in the 2.25. Just wondering if you had any thoughts.
Dylan, yes I have fletched a dozen with the TAC Driver 2.25 vanes. I use them when shooting Rage Hypodermics. In the original picture, I use the orange wrap/orange Driver 2.75 (also in this picture) and in this picture, the yellow wrap/orange 2.25’s with my E35 and Rage Hypodermics…..they fly the same. The white wrap/white vanes in the first picture I built and use with my Enkore shooting Slick Trick Magnum 4 blade broadheads…..these, I built for a Greenland musk ox hunt this past October and now using them for whitetails this season. I have not tried fixed head broadheads with the 2.25’s yet.
Plant Wood Orange Textile Sports equipment

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
I will be using TAC Vanes which are a little tricky for adhesion so I want to do 1 at a time. So the AZ EZ fletch won't work for me
Arizona E-Z Fletch can do 1 at a time. It's made so you rotate it a certain number of clicks after each vane and it gets you the right number of degrees between each vane. I've done it. No sweat. Love the EZ fletch

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Mathews Atlas, Easton carbon arrows, Iron Will broad heads
7,888 Posts
Keep an eye open here for used Bitzenberger jig, and on e bay and similar.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Has anyone tried to get their hands on a BPE Pro series fletching jig recently? Looks like purchasing straight from them is the cheapest option but you have to send a "purchase request" to them and wait for a response. Tried to purchase one yesterday and currently waiting on their response today. I'll keep you guys updated on the full process but just wanted to see if anyone has any experience dealing with them directly.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I use the red plastic Bohning jig. Can’t remember the exact model name but believe it was in the $30 range a few years ago. Works great.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just ordered a Last Chance Vane Master Pro. Have two Blitz's but have issues keeping even spacing when I fletch 4 vanes.

·
Archery Addict
9,397 Posts
I have several jigs that I use. I have a couple of Bohning Pro Jigs, both with straight and helical clamps and a couple of Bohning Blazer Jigs that I use solely for 2" or shorter vanes. I have a bitzenburger jig that I have set up just for 4-5 inch vanes and it hardly gets used. I can do anything I need on the Bohning Pro Jigs and they are relatively inexpensive.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I think the bitz jig is worth it. Everyone's finances and priorities are different, but I think you should at least get that style (one feather at a time) because it gives you more options in terms of fletching sizes, angles, arrow diameters, etc.

I ended up springing for the bitzenburger because it's metal. No matter what kind of glues, paints, finishes, dyes, etc that I might spill on it, I can use any kind of chemical or scraper to clean it up without hurting it. This is the kind of thing that you buy once and use for decades so I think it's worth it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
FYI, even after trying to follow up with BPE about purchasing the jig I have received zero response. Chalking it up to a lost cause and I'm just going to swing by someplace local and pick up a Bohning Pro Jig.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts