Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm fletching with a bitz jig, using 1 7/8" feathers. I had trouble getting the base of the feather to glue down flat, this is with a 2deg off set. I use fast fletch glue and it works grate, the only problem is getting it off is alot of work. My ? is can I fletch with 0 off set or is the arrow more accurate if it is spinning? Has anyone tryed using the tape for fletching? What did you think? Thanks TLC

·
X's R Us
3,458 Posts
Are you using a straight or helical clamp? Adjust the jig so the fletch is right in the middle then adjust the jig slightly so you get an angle.

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Have you considered using 2 sided fletching tape? The stuff works great! I have arrows that I have been using for 4 years and the feathers are still holding. If you decide to pull the feathers off the tape will rub off with a little thumb pressure.

·
X's R Us
3,458 Posts
If you are using a helical clamp the feathers have to match rw with rh and lw with lh. Straight you just set the angle according to whether the feather is rw or lw. Otherwise it won't stay on for long.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use a straight clamp. Is the arrow more accurate if it is spinning? Does anyone fletch straight with no offset and no helical? TLC.

·
Don't Tread On Anyone
1,455 Posts
And if you do offset, which way would you offset rh feathers?
Is offset necessary using feathers for indoor arrows?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts