Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there know if an arrow with a 2'' blazer set with a 4 degree offset have any vane clearance issues shooting through a hostage rest (3 brush style rest)?
The arrow is 25.5'', bow has 6'' brace. 4 degrees in 2'' isn't much & I don't think it'll be a problem but what do you guys think.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
I don't have any issues with mine out of either of my bows.

·
Registered
911 Posts
hostage XL or hostage pro?

if it is the pro model, you will be fine. if its the XL that comes on a lot of the diamonds, you may have to do a little trimming of the brushes to open up the fletching gaps. i have trimmed a few and have had great results, and zero fletching damage after.

just take the tips off all three brushes, both sides of each. then if that is not enough clearance, you can also take the top two brushes outs of the rest again, and lay a piece of fine sandpaper or a [email protected] file laid flat, and run the back plastic side of the brushes across a few times. test fit, and continue the process a few times. this will open up the gaps a touch more, while leaving the bottom support brush height alone. iused very sharp small scissors, and a file.

give it a try and you should have zero issues with offset or helical blazers.

·
Back Yard Champion
29,795 Posts
4 degrees? 2 degrees, yes. 3 degrees maybe, depending on the arrow diameter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts