Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having trouble getting feathers to stick to AC Kinetic II shafts. I've wiped them down and tried fast set gel and bond tite and they still don't stay on. Anyone have some advice before I waste any more feathers.:confused:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Try this. I take some 4/0 steel wool and fold a piece around the shaft and give it a good rub, not long. (If you are refletchin and you missed any glue the steel wool will make any glue you missed appear to be a dark spot or line where fletching was. I use a dull knife to remove any glue spots.) Take a paper towel or old clean rag and I use rubbing alcohol. place a small amount on towel/rag and rub the fletching area down and the wipe off excess. Be careful not to touch the shaft in the fletching area. Never used fast gel, so don't know about it. Only glue I've used for carbons is Saunders NPV. I have used it on Bemans, Gold Tips, Vapors, black shafts and camo shafts as well and it works well for feathers or vanes. My feathers don't come off on complete pass thru on deer. Hope this helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts