Archery Talk Forum banner

fletching problems

723 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Broken nock
Have had alot of problems fletching my bemen bowhunter arrows. Have used bohning blazer vanes, bohning killer vanes and Duravane predator vanes also. I use goat tuff premium glue and carbon express glue. I have problems getting them to say on the arrows just after fletching them. Or after shooting them a couple of times I start to loss them. I've tried different percent of alcohol, I've tried widow cleaner, soap and water, aae arrow cleaner. I also have used sand paper and scotch-brit pads. I called easton for there reason and they didn't care. Called bohning and duravane and the both changed out my vanes for free. Duravane also send me some of there glue to try that seems to work good on there vanes. Just wondering if any one else has had problems with fletching or what other people are trying. Just got some bohning glue in and refletched some carbon express arrows with blazers and bohing glue they seemed to work good have not tried on bemen arrows yet. I'm using Arizona e-z fletch and bohning jig and clamp.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
36,987 Posts
There have been many post about blazers not sticking , do a search and read up on what some have done ..

· Registered
1,408 Posts
I use acetone on a clean rag and wipe off the shaft and wipe the vane, it will dry in a few seconds then apply glue, leave it in your clamp for aleast 15min. before going to the next vane. Let the fletched arrow set over night!! :thumbs_up

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.