Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you decide how far from the nock to set your fletches? I am using Blazers on Axis arrows that are only 27 from tip to nock....where do I put the fletch???

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
Muddy Z said:
How do you decide how far from the nock to set your fletches? I am using Blazers on Axis arrows that are only 27 from tip to nock....where do I put the fletch???
Back in the late 90's, Easton Archery had a study that asked archers how far back they placed their fletch from the nock. Apparently it did not seem to make any real difference because nothing was ever printed that I have seen.

As for me, I place the fletch as far back as my jig will allow (theory not yet confirmed) and go with it. :thumbs_up

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
if you are using a bitzenburger jig liike i am then if you look on your clamp there are little hash marks. i put the back base of the blazer vane on the 3rd hash mark and they seem to work real well. my arrows are also 27 inches fro the throat of the nock to the tip.

·
32,712 Posts
I did 6 arrows yesterday with the Blazers and they shot really well today. If you had an Arizona E-Z Fletech you wouldn't have to ask that cause it places the vane in the right spot every time. Vanes, feathers, always fletched right. I like mine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts