Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen one fletching remover and it was made by SaundersArchery... Does anybody know of any others out there?,and What would be the best one for my money?

·
Registered
98 Posts
as long as you are careful, use a knife and goo gone or a curved sort of scraper. that way you dont have to spend much money at all.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've tried a few of them and the Zip Strip works the best. I use that to get most of it off, then use a dull razor blade to finish.

·
Conejo Valley Archers
346 Posts
Potato Peeler

A good old fashion, and cheep, potato peeler works great. And doesn't damage your arrow.
Keith

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I use a razor knife, just very carefully. Cost $0, since I have several around the house anyways. That's infinite value.

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Someone posted in the DIY section that they bought a cheap pair of dog nail clippers took the screw out and used one half to scrape with. The curve of the blade fit the shafts well and no damage.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Bohning has something called "The Stripper".
I've bought it once but never used it yet.
My local pro-shop uses it alot.
But I could'n tell ...

·
Live with passion
7,328 Posts
A regular old box cutter with a used blade works best and is probably free because most everyone has one lying around.

·
Archery Blogger/Writer
9,332 Posts

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
The makers of Duravanes have one called a Zip Strip. I have the one you described. It works OK, but the pre-set angle is wrong. I lift the plastic part off the arrow quite a bit to get the angle I want.

I'd like to try the Zip Strip. http://www.duravanes.com/products/zip-strip.aspx
I have one of these Zip-Strips. I don't like it. After using it a few times, I went back to using a knife.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
I use The Stripper from Bohning. Great tool and has replaceable blades.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts