Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What size fletch should I use for a 29.5" gold tip that will be used for 3-d shooting? Thanks

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
Use as long of a fletch as you can while still staying in the speed range you are looking for. For me, I've got a short draw so speed needs to be as close to the other guys as I can get it, so to keep arrow weight down I use 1.8 3D Duravanes. Seems that most of the people I shoot with use a fletch betwee the 1.8's and 3 inches. The more fletching you have, the better the arrow will stabilize and sooner.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I agree with shooter mike...If your getting good speed and good arrow flight, thats all that matters.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fletching`

Thanks for the input. It really helps.:)

·
Registered
845 Posts
For me the smallest vanes fly better for target. I have only tried the 1 inch "bug wings" this year. They fly better for me then the four and five. When the broadhead get screwed in the bug wings do not work. The arrow pitches down fast and hits way low. My latest brain fart is micro adjusting my sights at fourty. Tune your bow for fourt instead of twenty. My dog hits x's at twenty!lol! I pick fourty cause that is about the max range for my bow. Much farther and my speed may not be enough for good penetration. Bohning vanes seem the quietest. Four inch is my choice for hunting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts