Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to try some of the small diameter high penetration shafts this year. Was looking at the Victory VAP and Easton Axis FMJ's. I fletch my arrows with a Bohning Tower Jig that puts AWESOME helix on my Blazer and Fusion vanes. I usually use standard carbons (.246 size) and the fletchings are perfect every time.

Has anyone used one of these jigs to fletch the small arrows? I don't want to spend the cash on arrows and have to spend money on another jig.

Thanks!!

·
is it time to shoot yet?
1,723 Posts
No dice on the fusion vanes in the tower. You would have to widen the channel for the vanes. I just tried it and they either pulled back off the shaft or pulled the wrap off the shaft.

Besides widening the channel, my only other thought is to grease the vane so it comes out easier. Greasing up anything that I'm trying to glue doesn't sound like a good idea either.:angry:

·
is it time to shoot yet?
1,723 Posts
OK so I guess I was wrong. It isn't completely impossible, just a HUGE pain in the butt. I added the clamp release tape to the helix arms and broke out the fast set glue. This still didn't work so I greased up the ribs of the vanes and got one fletched successfully. I have wasted 6 wraps, 18 vanes, and 2 hours. I am now going to give up before I kick the dog or punch the wall. At least I have one bullet to throw at 2011's buck (if they fly the same as my blazers).

Harvest Time arrows and Fusion vanes provided by www.60XCustomStrings.com

On a second thought... You might have better luck with the straight arms since the slot is longer and may have more give. Good luck with whatever you choose. Other than fusion vanes, I'm liking my Bohning Tower jig

0903010917a.jpg 0903010917.jpg

·
is it time to shoot yet?
1,723 Posts
I agree that you wouldn't have problems if you widened the channels but I don't want to compromise the jig that I just got. I only planned to use Fusions for hunting. Good deal though, glad it worked for you

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I fletch fusions out of mine all the time with no issues, but I haven't tried the zeon's yet. I was just wondering if anyone had fletched nano size shafts with the tower??

·
Registered
11,163 Posts
i have done a bunch of axis arrows no problems i did try the zeons too with no luck i may widen the grooves and try again never tried nanos although i think you could they may not go all the way down on the arrow holder but i think they would go most of the way atleast

1 - 11 of 11 Posts