Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm in the process of fletching some arrows with different 2" vanes to find something that works best for me and my setup. The vanes that I'm going to be trying out are Blazers, Vantec HP, and NAP Quickspins (these are going on straight).

My question is, should I even worry about trying to put a turn on the Blazers and Vantec vanes or just go ahead and leave them straight since they are only 2" and even with an offset or helical it will hardly be noticeable due to the shortness of the vane?

The arrows that I'll be fletching are only used for hunting and pratice shooting.

thanks for any info

·
Registered
7,534 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks BC

I actually just ordered one of the new Mini EZ Fletch designed for smaller 2.25" vanes that will give it maximum helical. My brother in law has the standard size one and seems to like it for the ease of use as well.

·
Back Yard Champion
29,756 Posts
Most suggest at least 2 degrees of offset. Bohning suggests no more than 3 degrees. Another vane to try is the NAP Twister. It's the same as the Quick Spin, but without the little kicker on the back edge of the vane and it is far less expensive.

I've tried straight, offset and full helical on all the 2 inch vanes and can not find a difference in accuracy as far as I have tested, that being 50 yards.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Sonny, I've actually given the Twister a try. The first half dozen arrows that I purchased came with those vanes and I do like how they fly.

These are pics of my 2nd time shooting at 30yds with the Twister. At this point I've only been doing anything with a bow and arrow for a couple of hours so I was pleased with this grouping considering that I was fresh off the boat so to say. As of now I've only been shooting for about a month and I'm really enjoying it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts