Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Arizona EZ fletch mini and shooting axis arrows. I’m assuming it would work but does fletching that small of shaft without wraps work with enough bond. I a little worried that with the amount of helical that will put on blazer vanes. I’m assuming somebody has and would like to know how well the vanes help up. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
170 Posts
I tried it once, its a lot of helical on the skinny shaft and didn't hold up too good so i went back to regular size shafts. Slight off set works better on those smaller shafts but i also tried it with wraps. Used gorilla glue with blue cap and that stuff is pretty strong its all i use anymore

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been running Loctite super gel with good results. It works pretty good with wraps though but would like to move away from wraps

·
Registered
11,793 Posts
I never had a problem with or without wraps. Used Axis for years without. Fletched with Arizona mini

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,793 Posts
I used blazers, fusions and I think feathers.

·
Registered
11,793 Posts
That’s what I am using now, they are nice vanes. Stiff and hold real well. 3 or 3.5” is what I have on my GT22s. On my DATorch I have blazers just cause that’s what’s on there. I may go to a 4 fletch fusion 1.5” after season is over.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I love my Arizona EZ fletch. Had it for many years now with great success. I am currently shooting Easton FMJ axis fletched with Blazers. Haven't had any issues yet. Great adhesion with Gorilla super glue. Best glue out there imo and half the price of leading fletching glues out there. Be sure to prep the arrow shaft. I usually use a light sandpaper or scrub pad to clean and get an abrasive face on the shaft for glue to hold to. Then clean with an alcohol cloth/pad and let dry.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That’s what I am using now, they are nice vanes. Stiff and hold real well. 3 or 3.5” is what I have on my GT22s. On my DATorch I have blazers just cause that’s what’s on there. I may go to a 4 fletch fusion 1.5” after season is over.

Good to know. I was thinking of trying them

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I love my Arizona EZ fletch. Had it for many years now with great success. I am currently shooting Easton FMJ axis fletched with Blazers. Haven't had any issues yet. Great adhesion with Gorilla super glue. Best glue out there imo and half the price of leading fletching glues out there. Be sure to prep the arrow shaft. I usually use a light sandpaper or scrub pad to clean and get an abrasive face on the shaft for glue to hold to. Then clean with an alcohol cloth/pad and let dry.
Would something like a sos pad work?

·
Registered
11,793 Posts
Good to know. I was thinking of trying them
Honestly don’t see any difference in flight or accuracy with them over blazers. I wanted more cable clearance is the main reason I tried them.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
My mini has no problem with AAE Max Hunter's fletched on Axis shafts, no wraps. Have yet to have one come loose in hundreds of shots.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
I could never get a helical on my 5mm shafts, been using the AAE EZ the last month and it's excellent, with the 1' offset. I can't see why anyone wouldn't use an arrow wrap? Great insurance and they make fletching process easier. Don't see any negatives of using them

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I could never get a helical on my 5mm shafts, been using the AAE EZ the last month and it's excellent, with the 1' offset. I can't see why anyone wouldn't use an arrow wrap? Great insurance and they make fletching process easier. Don't see any negatives of using them
Never said there was a negative. Just wanted to try without them. It’s all personal preference. And it is my preference to try it with an axis

·
Registered
11,793 Posts

Negative is you have to refletch the whole shaft if mess one vane up. And that’s prob the only negative I can think of. I have the datorch and they have a paint design on them like a wrap so I don’t have to use one.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
In the words of Michael Scott: Boom roasted. Haha but I’ll agree with ya on that one. Having the to peel off the entire to replace one is a pain

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm using an Arizona with Easton Axis with no wrap. Using VaneTec V-Max Vanes and VaneTec glue. Just clean the shafts with acetone and glue them on. No need to sand the shaft or prep the vanes. You will be surprised how much junk comes off just by wiping the shaft with an acetone soaked rag. Been using this same process for years with no issues.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts