Archery Talk Forum banner

Fletching / Wraps, How often do you change

1304 Views 7 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  arrowwrapsunlim
I have been fletching my own arrows for a couple years and this year picked up some cheap wraps to try. I love them but not my final choices, I just picked up some cheap ones to see if I liked them or now. I will order some from the guys on here, they have a good variety and great prices.

I was just wondering how often you guys change your arrows.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4,515 Posts
I just change if there is some damage, be it on shafts, vanes or nocks.

Otherwise, I keep shooting them.

· Registered
1,765 Posts
I refletch when I damage a vane or each fall before indoor target season starts :D

Darrel

· Registered
1,765 Posts
Brian, how do you change fletches with out messing up the paint? Do you have to remove the cresting and repaint it every time?.

Darrel

· Registered
13 Posts
That is the major disadvantage of paint. In most cases you do have to strip the entire shaft depending on the application of the fletch. With carefull prep you can do it without striping the paint from the shaft. You might think that it would be costly to uses paint, but in the long run its a whole lot cheaper. A 1oz. jar of paint can last one to two years with proper care. The cresting tool is also relatively cheap and I save more money in the long run using this method versus wraps.

· Registered
1,383 Posts
Like everyone said on this thread, Only replace fletching if needed!! As for wraps unfortunately you have to chage them when you reflecth. If you are looking for some wraps we have the best selection aroung and also we specialize in custom wraps. You are more than welcome to visit our site and browse around @ www.arrowwrapsunlimited.com and if you have any questiond concerning wraps and applying them feel free to contact me at 207.892.1199 or e-mail [email protected]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.