Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always used store fletched arrows.

My previous arrows have always been 2x one color with 1x a different color that was facing straight up when the arrow was knocked. They were 4" vanes straight.

Today I got new arrows, blazer vanes with a right helical on them but when you put an arrow on the string, there isn't an arrow facing straight up- but I asked for them to be 2x white 1x orange.

Is this OK? just different from what i'm used to? Or do i have to them refletched with a vane facing straight up?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have looked at the arrows and there doesnt seem to be a consistency with the odd colored fletching.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
with some research- the odd colored is called the cock vane.

So If I want to shoot cock vane up but the nock is not aligned to do that- is it a big deal?

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
most modern arrows have nocks that you can turn. I shoot the "cock" vane out on my setups. If you have arrows that the nock is glued to the shafts, then the next time just tell the arrow maker to make sure your cock vane is in the position you want it in.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
having the cock vane up is a habit from always having arrows that way. Do I have to put the Cock vane in the same position for every shot?

They are GT xt hunter 5575. So I should be able to turn the nock? I guess I didn't try hard enough.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I always shoot with the vanes in the same position each time. I have never used Gold Tip shafts so I don't know if you can turn the nock. I would assume yes. I know you can on Beman and CX shafts. I use Beman ICS shafts and they have the Eason Super Nock installed. They come with a neat little tool to adjust nock position without breaking the nock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts