Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody
I am having heaps of issues with fletching my arrows. I’m using bohing fletching jig, aae max 2inc vane, gorilla gel glue or platinum fletch tight I clean the arrow with acetone or methylated spirits and the glue is not adhering to the arrow any suggestions

cheers Dave

·
Registered
20,194 Posts
Buy new glue and use less of it. Less is more with CA glues. AAE vanes are a little finicky with adhesion and glues anyway. Bohning vanes are much less problematic.

·
Registered
23,244 Posts
I fletch on to cap wraps to make re-fletching much easier. With Bohning Blazers and Q2I Fusions, I simply wipe the applied wrap and base of the vanes with a Qtip soaked in 91% Isopropyl alcohol. Then apply three small dots of Bob Smith Maxi-Cure extra thick adhesive on the base of the vane. Using a toothpick, I spread the glue dots so they connect and that is plenty. If it is running out the sides of the base of the vane after being set on the shaft, you are using too much adhesive. Some guys only give them seconds to set.....I leave them in the clamp on the jig for about 20-30 minutes to really cure. Zero issues....

·
Premium Member
Reckoning 35, RealmX, Prime CT9. Axcel sights and ARC release. Victory arrows.
1,730 Posts
I use AAE max bond and primer, never had any problems with AAE max stealth vanes.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
As other have said less is better. I have always used Bob Smith Inc CA glues and never ever had an issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts