Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys what is the best fletching for fat shaft arrows. I think I will be getting some 500 Fatboys. Also what is a cool color combo? I have a camo bow, but im open to any nock and fletching color. These arrows will be my 3d and my indoor arrow, so they will have to be able to do both. I will also be using a Trophy Taker Spring Steel this year.

·
Registered
409 Posts
i like all black

they are easy to see indoors and piss everybody else off in 3D so i shoot 4 in black shield cut feathers inside and 3 in black vanes in 3d and all have black knocks

·
Registered
409 Posts
offset

i use 4 degree with arizona easy fletch

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
has anyone used the Duravanes 3d? Also, what degree offset for my strait blitz?
3D Duravanes are good vanes. I would suggest Vane Tech 2.3 S.S. instead of the 3D Duravane because they are much more durable. I used to run orange and white on my Fatboys in the Vane Tech 2.3 S.S., it matches the white flames and the orange writing. I liked orange nocks.

I would put as much offset as you can get with the straight clamp. I fletch mine helical.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Oh.... I forgot to mention that a friend of mine uses the Flex Fletch flash vanes. Very good vane, durable and very accurate.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
ttt

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
vanes

if you are going to shoot them indoors i would suggest stepping up to the 3"vane tec over the 2.3 and keep your point weight under 125grns.over that start looking at feathers on 6 for indoor and 2.3's on 6 for 3d as for colors i really like black followed by black and maybe throw in a little more black for good contrast !!!1:thumbs_up

1 - 9 of 9 Posts