Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see flex fletch has some new vane material called flex 2. It is in sk200 and 300 vanes.
Does anyone know what the change is?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Tagging post.

Currently using the sk300 I hope it doesn't change the way these work. I love em

·
sometimes reality hurts
3,480 Posts
.001% different formulation change from every other plastic vane out there, driven more by their marketing department who need something new to say.

·
NAASP
14,399 Posts
Wow.
That's a lot of help.
What are you? 2?

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
.001% different formulation change from every other plastic vane out there, driven more by their marketing department who need something new to say.
The sk material is different than any vane

·
Hunter of many things
12,113 Posts
The sk material is different than any vane
Correct^^, but what he is saying is the the flex-2 is only different by a little bit so they can market it more and call it better.

Not sure if he knows this for a fact or not though.

·
THE ORIGINAL
9,171 Posts
I see flex fletch has some new vane material called flex 2. It is in sk200 and 300 vanes.
Does anyone know what the change is?
Stiffer with better recovery.

·
She's baaaaack!!!!
20,524 Posts
If the flex2 doesn’t wrinkle when looked at wrong it may be a winner.
THAT is probably the difference from the older SK material. The material for all other Flex Fletch vanes are not as stiff but recover much better than the SK's. I would expect the new Flex2 used in newer SK vanes may be somewhere between the standard FF material and the previous SK vane material.

The only knock on the SK's was that they didn't have the Flex Fletch trademark recovery ability. They behaved more like every other vane on the market after passing through a target or get bent over.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I gave em another go with my vaps. Not much if any better than before imo. They are easier to glue now that zing isn’t needed. I got 3 bad vanes out of 36. Kinda disappointed there as all 3 where missing the first 3/16”. Qc? Especially for how much they cost. They are slightly more pliable than before.....but still wrinkle when looked at wrong. Went back to fusion 2.1.

·
THE ORIGINAL
9,171 Posts
Love em! Best vane I've ever used.

2133-AT-comp.jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts