Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flex your arrows frequently guys! After seeing some of the graphic pictures on this website early on, I got into the habit of flexing my arrows after every few shots. Yesterday for the very first time in 4-5 years of doing it, I snapped one.

I usually give them a pretty good flex or two but this one snapped like a dry twig... it apparently got some damage somewhere in my shooting. The thought of those pictures of carbon shards driven up people's forearms and hands came back to me in an instant.

Take the time to check your arrows. Someday it just may pay off dividends!

·
Come on October!!!!
2,988 Posts
I drive that home to all my customers, especially the young ones an beginners. I make sure their parents understand as well. It has become second nature for me. I ran into the same scenario with one of my test arrows, made a good "how to" demo but since it got mixed back into some good ones I have since made a tomato stake out of it....

·
Registered
827 Posts
A/C/Cs or FMJ all the way for me baby!

He's right, flex your arrows if'n your shootin graphite.

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
Ouch !!!

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not gonna push brands but YOWZER! That's exactly what I'm talking about! Thanks for the graphic rcd567!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Okay....so how often should you flex them, and how much flex?

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I'm no expert. Maybe the guys who know could chime in here. I just flex them hard enough to make a nice bend so if there are any defects, it should either make noise or show cracks. Or break like mine did.... I hadn't even given it a good bend either, it just snapped right off the bat.

I think it's to each his own, but I just kind of made it a habit to check mine after maybe 4 or 5 rounds with my arrows.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts