Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
18,640 Posts
at my archery club, we'd hang the balls taped to fishing line with the target butt as the back stop.. this was during our year end shoot as a raffle... the Saunders FP's worked great ... we shot at 10 and 20 yds ... skewer the ball and pin it to the back stop, you got a raffle ticket for a drawing later ... it was fun ...

·
Back Yard Champion
28,904 Posts
Our club had the floating ping pong ball 0ver 18 years ago. We had a real big back stop ;) Yep, had to pin it to the back stop, hitting wasn't enough.

·
Distance hole puncher
1,973 Posts
Hung over, in a crosswind, at 80 yards, some here will group inside it.

Others will say, "I'd hit it" but they wouldn't be referring to the ping pong ball.

·
Back Yard Champion
28,904 Posts
This looks like perfect practice if you are training for anticipation and target panic.
It's just fun. The ball actually stays fairly centered, just moves up and down. You sort of get in time with it and a hit and if lucky stick it.

We had it set up at about 20 feet.

The old range had electricity every where. We used a old vacuum cleaner, used the exhaust port, plugged sweeper hose in it. End of sweep hole had one steel extension with rod welded on it so we could stick it in the ground. Actually, at the old club grounds we had 2 to 3 novelty shoots going all day, long range (60 yard with 2" orange sticker - for a free shoot), Road Runner (turkey on a electric driven angle iron about 10 feet long - swung in a circle - it was fast - 2 frontal 10 ring hits got a free shoot), and the ping pong ball.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Hung over, in a crosswind, at 80 yards, some here will group inside it.

Others will say, "I'd hit it" but they wouldn't be referring to the ping pong ball.
I'd hit it! LOL

·
Registered
540 Posts
You can only hit it if your shaft is over 700 grains w a 20% FOC.

As far as the ping pong ball I’m sure any old shaft will do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Nope, I dont think I can do it with a hinge.
Shop vac with the hose in the exhaust port works perfect (if a little noisy). Ball is moving up/down a few inches, so it's just as likely to hit it with a hinge/tension release as with a trigger because the ball can more than one ball diameter between the time the release opens and the arrow arrives.

·
Registered
8,431 Posts
This looks like perfect practice if you are training for anticipation and target panic.
Yep! :)

Great for ingraining your tendency to punch the release too.

Allen

1 - 14 of 14 Posts