Archery Talk Forum banner

Florida food plots

1195 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  QuickReflex
I'm addressing this to Florida, because what grows here doesn't necessarily grow elsewhere. I love Iron Clay Peas, but they're gone soooo fast it's very labor intensive re-seeding when. What other food plots work well? I'm trying to avoid the very expensive mixes if I can avoid it. I'm on mostly high, dry, Central Florida soil.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
216 Posts
I plant the iron clay peas every year also. when they get about 3 inches tall they are gone. i have also had luck with ashanomoey( sp) . I would also like to hear other ideas. what area are you hunting. I live here in central florida also.

· Registered
2,313 Posts
Im in SW FL. we planted a mixed variety two yrs. ago of rye,millet,peas,chufa,clover, cant remember the other two but the darn hogs tore the plot up so bad that nothing hardly produced any thing. they must not be all that thick up in central but food plots are just not an option down here, just to costly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.