Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Anna Maria Island for a cousins wedding this week. Took two days to head Boar hunting in Lorida on the edge of Kissimmee National Forest with Okeechobee Outfitters and Danny Sant Angelo. His son Newt Mattson was guiding us on their home ranch "Kissimmee River Little Ranch" and put us on a good number of hog. With my girlfriend on the camera we got some decent footage with the regular camera even though the video camera went out on the first day due to the rain (that footage is even better). Lost a 250-300lb-er with the rain so hard shortly after the shot. The little 80-100 lb hog we found that night but the big hog got away. The shot looked right on video but I did get full pass trough on a Boar and that is rare when you hit the armerd area going in or out. The red hog was harvested on the last evening after some stalking and jumping in a tree by a feeder for the last minutes of light. Un fortunately he had broken both lower tusks fighting. I had to stop counting after the 30 hogs on the first evening. Tons of turkey at this ranch too. The cabins are beautiful and back up to the state park. Can't wait to head back for an Oceola, gator, or more boar! Unfortunately this forum is not letting me put the videos on!

Attachments

·
Registered
443 Posts
It sounds like an awesome place to hunt at for sure! Congrats on the hogs too. You look a little soaked with that last hog picture.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
It sounds like an awesome place to hunt at for sure! Congrats on the hogs too. You look a little soaked with that last hog picture.

Thats what you call Florida heat and humidity :)

Excellent hogs Brother, looks like they broke you in right :wink:

·
Registered
531 Posts
Excellent job and good planning combo hog hunt wedding package this could be the start of something.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
Congrats on the bacon! :thumbs_up:beer:

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
You put the hurt on those hogs.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Dannys operation has some of the best cabins you will find anywhere.

The food is second to none.

Plenty of hogs.

It has to be one of the best hunting lodges in FL.

If you can take the heat, hunting the orange groves in AUG is more fun than the Lord usually alows.

IMHO

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
NJ hunter

Excellent job and good planning combo hog hunt wedding package this could be the start of something.
I forgot to include getting our PADI diving certifications also!..lol

We searched in the pouring rain for almost two hours looking for the bigger hog. Tore my rain gear to shreds. I'll hunt, any time any weather! Don't let anything stop you from your passion!

Thanks guys!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts