Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have them yet? What is better with the injection fjm vs the standard fjm? Do they weight the same or is the injection lighter because its smaller? Iam looking for a new arrow and might have to check them out but my draw length is 29.5 so Iam worried my arrow will be very heavy and flight wont be very flat using my Energy 35 at 72lbs.

·
Traditonal by Choice
1,112 Posts
I don't know much about them but they are 15 dollars an arrow. That's the main reason why I won't be making the switch from the standard fmj's that I shoot now

·
Registered
134 Posts
More than likely they are just skinnier but will probably weigh the same or similar. You will probably also be getting slightly tighter tolerances. I believe the fmJ's straightness is 002 and the injections are 001. Don't worry so much about speed. With your set up you will be getting more than enough speed and certainly more than enough ke. A

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also I read they take a different size bh? What is out there for the deep 6 insert?

·
Registered
6,789 Posts
You can also use the VAP outsert, or other aftermarket outserts with them if you do not want to use any of the deep six stuff.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, I planned on using either the Slick Trick Mag 100's or the Rage Hypo's.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
More than likely they are just skinnier but will probably weigh the same or similar. You will probably also be getting slightly tighter tolerances. I believe the fmJ's straightness is 002 and the injections are 001. Don't worry so much about speed. With your set up you will be getting more than enough speed and certainly more than enough ke. A
I guess the thing Iam worried about is using a Rage Hypo ( never used a mechanical before ) and getting pass throughs or good penetration. Alot of videos I see using mechanical's dont seem to penetrate very far and you watch the deer run off with the arrow in its side. I know people are getting pass through's but it seems not as much as fixed blades so I just want to make sure I have enough to punch them through.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
I guess the thing Iam worried about is using a Rage Hypo ( never used a mechanical before ) and getting pass throughs or good penetration. Alot of videos I see using mechanical's dont seem to penetrate very far and you watch the deer run off with the arrow in its side. I know people are getting pass through's but it seems not as much as fixed blades so I just want to make sure I have enough to punch them through.
The hypo is easily one of the best penetrating broadheads on the market, they are sick. I haven't heard one bad thing about them, heck read up reviews on here of them, I have had good luck with them as well.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
There's more than enough weight with any of the iterations of the FMJ to not be concerned so much with penetration...as long as you make a good, ethical hit on whatever game you are pursuing.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There's more than enough weight with any of the iterations of the FMJ to not be concerned so much with penetration...as long as you make a good, ethical hit on whatever game you are pursuing.
The weight isnt the problem as I know its enough weight but how will the weight affect arrow flight.

·
Registered
134 Posts
The weight isnt the problem as I know its enough weight but how will the weight affect arrow flight.
What arrow are you currently shooting?

·
Just thwackin' it.
7,206 Posts
You can also use the VAP outsert, or other aftermarket outserts with them if you do not want to use any of the deep six stuff.
Personally I would stay away from VAP outserts and just spend the extra money on D6 stuff. You'll end up destroying arrows with the VAP outserts and spending more money in the long run.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Personally I would stay away from VAP outserts and just spend the extra money on D6 stuff. You'll end up destroying arrows with the VAP outserts and spending more money in the long run.
Can you get Rage Hypo's or Slick Tricks with D6?

·
Registered
134 Posts
You could just use the regular FMJ's that way you can use regular sized broadheads. That's what I shoot and seem to have no problems with penetration using killzones. I haven't shot a deer with them yet, but I had one blow through my block on the third shot on the target.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Buying the Hypo's is there a different part number for the d6 or is it the same head?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ttt

1 - 20 of 21 Posts