Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my FMJ and they are great, when I bought them I got number 5 BAR's for them, but they are super tight, almost to the point you have to force them on, and I still can't get the. To fully seat. Does anyone else have this problem. This is the size that easton recommends in there charts. Anyone else having problems.

Oh I am shooting 300 spine arrows.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I had the same problem with mine. I just used them and they are working fine for me just a little tough to get in and off. What you could try is take some sand paper and sand just a little bit on the end of the shaft to make it fit a little better.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just doesnt seem right to be that tight. Glad to see I not the only one that had this problem. I might just exchange them for number 6 bars.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't use them. Just shoot without them
That a great way to ruin my arrows, so no thank you. Need them to shoot my Magnus heads.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I have been shooting FMJ's for many years and have never used the BAR's and have never had an issue!! :darkbeer:

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
That a great way to ruin my arrows, so no thank you. Need them to shoot my Magnus heads.
How does it ruin the arrow? Nobody I know shooting FMJs uses them and never had any issues

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Unless your broadhead has a flat bottom, the broadhead won't sit right against the shaft. Magnus head have a slight curve at the bottom of the broadhead, causing them to not sit flush with the shaft. This can cause damage if it hits something hard like bone or stone. You almost have to use them with Magnus broadhead, and I have damaged axis arrows not using them.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I shoot mine without also, and have never ruined a arrow.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
You need to use the easton chamfer stone, you do not need to use bars with axis or fmj shafts. I have shot them for years without bars and have used magnus heads with no problems.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Yeah, damned bar rings. So frustrating. They also often are larger than the broadhead ferrule meaning they are introducing drag and reducing penetration. I had to put them in a lathe and polish them down so they would work for my kid’s hunting setup. I generally loathe them but realize they are essential to integrity of an axis or fmj arrow.

I’m going to ethics archery for some sort of half out or outsert moving forward just to be done with them. Oh, and if you try to index your broadheads with a BAR ring they are non-concentric and your broadheads will index differently if you put the ring on and off a few times and rotate it at all.

Amazing arrows with a clown-shoes solution to provide integrity.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts