Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If a FMJ is compromised (ie: the carbon on the inside is cracked but the aluminum is intact.) will you be able to notice it by doing a flex test? I have a couple shafts that have minor dents in them from getting hit by other arrows but they are still straight and make no sound when flexed. Is it still safe to shoot them?

On a side note I have had one arrow explode when it impacted the target. It flew with the tail end spiraling in a 8-10" circle. I assumed the carbon interior was cracked and the outer sheath showed no signs of failure so it was nocked and shot without noticing anything was wrong until I saw it in flight.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I like easton/Beman products for the most part, but im not too impressed with the durability of the FMJs. i shot with a guy last year at a club 3D shoot in my general neck of the woods and the dude quite frankly wasnt tooo good a shot and missed a few targets and almost everything they came into contact with was too much for them except the foam itself. He broke several shafts in relatively short order.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had a few penetrate 1/2" OSB without damage. I like them for ease of pulling for our 3D league.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts