Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all and thanks in advance for all help and wisdom given.

The problem I am having and I need help with is FOB contact with my QAD Ultra rest. I started using FOB's last year with my previous bow and had no problems with the same rest. Now that I have switched everything over to my new bow (HCA X-Treme), I can't seem to keep the FOB from making contact with the rest. I am using the TL1 prong on the rest and have it making a full 90 degrees at 1" before full draw. I could switch back to vanes but if I am having FOB contact I will have vane contact. Regardless I need to fix the problem. I have also raised and lowed my knocking point several different times to see if that would help. No such luck.

I took video and tried to inspect what I could from it and from what I could tell everything is getting out of the way as it should but for some reason the FOB is still making contact. I have even held the arrow in place (as close as I could) and used the clearance FOB to slide up and down the shaft to be sure of clearance and all looks good. I am so baffled by this and have been for several weeks now. It almost seems as if the arrow is kicking for some reason... maybe the arrow spline... I don't know and that is why I am asking lol Please help

If anymore information is needed I would be glad to share. I look forward to hearing a solution :)

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
It sounds like a timing issue and since I use a Tropy Taker I can't help you but if you look up Starrflight in the sponsers section there is a phone # at the top of the page to reach them. Paul will either answer or call you back to help you get it set up right.

·
Archery Addict
3,693 Posts
Cord is probably to tight.....It is most definitely a timing issue.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Timing it is then :) Thanks for your replies and I will probably be giving Paul a call to see where I have went wrong.

God bless

1 - 4 of 4 Posts