Archery Talk Forum banner

FOB dealership-Get your exclusive locked in!

654 Views 11 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  Cajun83
Just wanted to let all the shops out there know we do have dealer programs and will give you an exclusive in your area. Not to worry about loosing the fletching business, still lots of folks will need that service.

What can the FOBs do for your shop??

If you get folks set up with FOBs, folks will be asking "what the heck are those things"? and when they see them shoot, the next question is where can I get them?

Instead of the shooter saying go to StarrFlight, they will direct them to your shop. If they show up and do not have the set up for FOBs (shooting a biscuit, spring rest etc...) That is your opportunity to provide the service and set up a new rest, tune job etc for FOBs....

For more info please give me a call if interested. 1-888-488-4712

Regards,
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,359 Posts
After breaking FOBs on three different bows that were professionally tuned (at two different shops one in MO and one in AL), I think carrying FOBs will get you the kind of press you do not want. One had a quad rest, one a Code red and one a APA Twister (which the FOB broke but APA sent the part gratis). One bow was a Mathews (old Z max), One a PSE (new X Force Dream Season)and one an 2009 APA Viper. If something works, it should not require so much effort to get it to work. Look at the posts on the FOB website and look at the efforts to get them to work. They may work great if you ever get them to clear a rest. And yes, I used the enclosed clearance gage on all bows.
I my opinion, there should be some notice on the web site that sells these things that they are not an install and shoot product as suggested.

You will get to do a lot of tuning however.

Bob

· Registered
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We have links to bowtuningtips.com with detailed video instructions as well as write ups. Every one that orders gets an email asking what the set up is and we provide tips and things to check BEFORE you shoot.

For sure if you just pop on a FOB without any understanding things will go south.

re: QAD- You must use the TL1 launcher

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=565117&highlight=fob+starrflight

re: Ripcord...one of the best FOB rest on the market

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=571341

re: Twister.....Can imagine even trying to shoot a FOB through that.

re: Bow professional tweaked.

From my experience, few shops follow manufactures instruction. The FOB is not that difficult to get and I am here to help.

If anyone has problems, all they have to do is email tech support or call me.

Regards,

· Registered
10,808 Posts
Paul, your FOBs are an awesome product. I find it very hard to believe when people bash them saying they don't work. My tuning abilities are slightly above grasshopper status, and it takes me just about 4 hours to install a d-loop or a serve in a peep, yet I have never encountered a single problem with a fob. Guess I just got lucky. I've shot them from Quads, Ripcords, Experts, and Limbdrivers. Never a single problem.

Excellent product and I will use them forever, and I will keep sending samples out for people that want to try them.

· Registered
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Paul, your FOBs are an awesome product. I find it very hard to believe when people bash them saying they don't work. My tuning abilities are slightly above grasshopper status, and it takes me just about 4 hours to install a d-loop or a serve in a peep, yet I have never encountered a single problem with a fob. Guess I just got lucky. I've shot them from Quads, Ripcords, Experts, and Limbdrivers. Never a single problem.

Excellent product and I will use them forever, and I will keep sending samples out for people that want to try them.
Thanks!

:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

· Fat Jesus
29,133 Posts
After breaking FOBs on three different bows that were professionally tuned (at two different shops one in MO and one in AL), I think carrying FOBs will get you the kind of press you do not want. One had a quad rest, one a Code red and one a APA Twister (which the FOB broke but APA sent the part gratis). One bow was a Mathews (old Z max), One a PSE (new X Force Dream Season)and one an 2009 APA Viper. If something works, it should not require so much effort to get it to work. Look at the posts on the FOB website and look at the efforts to get them to work. They may work great if you ever get them to clear a rest. And yes, I used the enclosed clearance gage on all bows.
I my opinion, there should be some notice on the web site that sells these things that they are not an install and shoot product as suggested.

Bob
So, I take it your not gonna be calling Paul to setup a dealership then...

Paul, man dont sweat it, you make a good product that works very, very well but it's different and it scares some people..I guess FOB's look evil or something. :mad:
If anyone is having trouble with FOB's call Paul, he'll hook you up...Either that or buy a LimbDriver rest and dont worry about it anymore cause they work awesome with FOB's...My Athens is shooting FOB's like big ol' green laser beams.

· Registered
4,627 Posts
bfoot let me guess;

1. your professionally tuned bows were tuned with fletched shafts..no?

2. hope that professional was guiding you in the tuning, not saying he tuned it and handed it back you...it don't work that way.

3. I have been a fob nation member for 1 year and my first attempt setting up the limbdriver to shoot fobs gave me perfect clearance in under five minutes/first shot, no broken fobs or rests.

4. 1 dozen arrows + 1 Dozen Fobs + 1 minute = shooting bliss the rest of the evening while everyone else is scraping old fletching/glueing new fletching etc...

· Archery Addict
3,699 Posts

Bob

Well, I would say that your professional shop are far from professional it they can't tune a rest without fob or fletching contact. Trust me, we have same problem with so called professional bow shops. They slap an accessory on a bow and push it out the door.

Yes, I included fletching contact. If your fletching isn't hitting and has 1/2 profile vanes or higher (blazers, etc.) then your fob's wont hit. It is actually that simple.

I have had friends insist they had everything tuned on their bow. I would pick up one of their arrows and see black streaks the length of the fletchings from contact.

· Registered
5,243 Posts
Very cool news Paul! Maybe I can get the local shop to be a dealer, or can an individual become a dealer? I'll sell them for you if need be. ;)

As far as clearance issues....its not that hard to figure it out. Your rest has to get out of the way for the FOB to clear. A guy can shoot vanes all day with contact and not even know it. Another reason I like the FOB's....you know right away of any contact.

· Vendor
85,248 Posts

Bob
Wow I find this hard to believe. But I put a fobbed arrow on my bow and in 5 shots it was shooting perfect. Ill be calling you about getting set up at my new shop . Paul is a good guy to deal with .

· The business is finished
3,127 Posts
a couple years ago I introduced fobs to a friend of mine. His fall away was set up by our local shop and was so far off the manufactuers instasllation instructions (which by the way is how most rests for fobs should be set up) I thought "well, this should be spectacular". I tried and tried to get him to let me re-install the rest but he just wouldn't. He stripped the fletch off one of his axis shafts and popped the fob on. pulled back and I braced for the pending explosion.......triggered his release and BAMMMM!!! bullseye. No fob breakage, no rest destruction, no poking of anyone's eyes out. It don't get much simpler than that.

· Registered
4,402 Posts
a couple years ago I introduced fobs to a friend of mine. His fall away was set up by our local shop and was so far off the manufactuers instasllation instructions (which by the way is how most rests for fobs should be set up) I thought "well, this should be spectacular". I tried and tried to get him to let me re-install the rest but he just wouldn't. He stripped the fletch off one of his axis shafts and popped the fob on. pulled back and I braced for the pending explosion.......triggered his release and BAMMMM!!! bullseye. No fob breakage, no rest destruction, no poking of anyone's eyes out. It don't get much simpler than that.
Yup... I just set up my own bow by myself... first bow I have ever owned. Watched tip vids and such and did a LOT of reading. Got initial centershot set pretty good, got nock height set a touch high (just above level), installed and set the ripcord myself.... and the first shot.... GASP... nothing made contact. Go figure. lol

Awesome product Paul... although they are a bit too good I think... I killed two of them from 30 yards out in one shot... on my second day shooting my first bow ever... lol Shafts were touching. (not saying it was skill that made them touch... maybe dumb luck but hey, it happened.)

Now I gotta order another dozen from Kenny. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.