Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys. i bought a whole new rig this year. Hoyt CRX 32, 29 inch draw, 65lb atm, ripcord arrow rest. EAston Axis Nano arrows, pink fobs. got my fobs in last week, put on the tester checked all my clearance and looked great. took it to the bow shop to set it all up and make sure i was gtg for FOB's well i go to shoot and i bust the FOB off after hitting my rest. did that 3 times same thing. rest was squre with string like the suggest on FOBs, cams are tuned, d loop looks great in correct spot, string lvl and arrow lvl, and my ripcord is tuned to fall correctly .. checked all that. the area that my FOB is hitting isnt even in the tightest spot when you put the tester on it. if you guys know Ripcord code reds well if the rest is down, the little red square on the back, rubber part, its pretty much takin a small chunk out of that area and catching some on the black lip. ive tried everything. today i was like f it, ill jut cut a section out for clearance and shoot them some. well i did and seem ok. but i really want to beable to shoot FOB's the right way. ill take all the help i can get, ill take pics of my bow or arrow with tester if anybody wants. thanks

anthony

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Yes pics please, include your drop cord at rest please and how your arrow sits at full draw and rest.

Just by what you wrote it sounds like the rest is dropping to soon causing the arrow to fall as it leave the bow and make contact.

The best position for the cord is level with the bottom of your grip this has worked every time for me.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok here are some pics i took tonight. the one with the rest and the white arrow is the area where my FOB's are hitting.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I don't know abou code reds, but it's a timing issue with your rest if everything else is correct. Do you have contact with fletched arrows? Is that how you anchor on the bottom picture or for demonstration purpose?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no that's not how I anchor .that was just for the picture purpose. my fletchings fly great . no contact the other day I cut 1 section out of my fobs ,did that to 3 I love them and was shooting 1 and 2 inch groups .I didn't shoot a lot but it was shooting pretty accurate, of course they were clearing my rest because I had to cut section at the bottom ...I just really want to shoot fobs the right way lol

·
Registered
398 Posts
I had the exact same problem with My G5 Hammer and code red rest. I ended up moving my d-loop almost 1/2" above square, after making sure timing was correct etc. This sounds high, but the paper tuner doesn't lie and my arrows (bare shafts) are making bullet holes. As for the fobs, I love 'em, and my 3-d shooting buddies hate me for using them.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
a half inch huh. yeah that seems extreme but really at this point im willing to try anything but im running out of time to keep messing around with this thing. i really havnt even got to shoot shoot my bow yet. brand new and havnt had a consistent set of arrows to shoot. been shooting some blazers and some cut fobs. i actually thought about moving my d loop to try that but i figured that would just be to drastic. i guess its worth a shot. i just want to shoot my dang fobs correctly for this hunting season.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Yup I would Def. take out the slack on the pull cord at rest, just a little snug thats all. Nice bow by the way:thumbs_up

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no its a Hoyt CRX 32 cam and 1/2. as for the last pic im holding it at an awkward angle. like i said in the previous posts . the rest, arrow and nock have all been squared to the bow. im thinking about moving my nock up just a tad and playing with that some but im not sure. just getting plain out annoying now.

·
Registered
398 Posts
The way I adjusted my d-loop is as follows..... First and foremost make sure your timing etc. is all in spec!! Started with an arrow fletched with blazers, cut the cock feather so it was 1/2' tall from the centerline of the arrow shaft. (the same height as a fob) Applied grease paint (lipstick would work) to the cut edge of the cock feather, and shot the arrow from the bow with the cock feather down. Each time the cut vane passed over the rest, I was able to tell if there was contact because it would leave a streak on the arm of the rest. Through trial and error, I was able to adjust the d-loop up little by little until I wasn't leaving streaks on the rest. Once I was there, the fobs cleared great. (The first one was shot with a welding glove on my bow hand because I was tired of picking plastic shards out of my skin from previous fob explosions) All in all, a simple procedure that got me the results I needed. Still shooting fobs, in fact I just got more in my mailbox today. Can't wait til bow season.

·
Registered
96 Posts
had the same issue with my trophy talker, I move my nock point up after everything was set. shoots great and fast on my bowtech

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i messed with it some the other day. ended up moving my d loop up about half inch. fob were clearing but im not sure if it was me or my bag i was shooting at but i dont know if my arrow was flying all that great. didnt paper tune or anything but seems like such a drastic offset from rest to nock...

·
Registered
398 Posts
The way it looks doesn't really mean that much if it shoots well.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yea i def understand that. im just running out of time and patience to keep messing with it. had a fob blow up early on the shot and had a $12 arrow go flying through the woods. of course i had no wrap on it... lol i know its not the fobs fault but im just getting plain annoyed with messing with it. im sure thousands of people are shooting a ripcord with their fobs and im sure my bow is plenty capable. ive decided for the year im going to just shoot vanes. ordered me a jig other day. im not giving up on fobs but after losing an arrow or 2 and having my moleskin ripped off a brand new rest lol i need a break... thanks for all the help and opinions, especially from you M-Haywood. ill be hitting you up in the future. im ordering some new arrows in couple weeks and i may try out fobs again then.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
i remember on the show were hey said u had to pu somrthing on ur ripcord string call fob omorrow and ask them

1 - 17 of 17 Posts