Archery Talk Forum banner

FOBS and Bullheads

1164 Views 11 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Paul Morris
I know someone has shot the GG's and FOBS. I saw the video on youtube but has someone shot bullheads and fobs? If so, how did you have to set your blades to get them to fly good? Thanks

scott
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Paul

I haven't shot them yet as I am waiting for some broadhead weight adapters to use to get my bow broadhead tuned. I only have 100gr broadheads and I want to shoot the 125 bullhead. Once they get in and everything looks good I will give them a try. I was just curious about if the bullheads would fly out of the package with the right helical on the fobs or if I would need to swap the blades around. From what I gathered I believe the fobs will shoot the bullheads as they are out of the package if I keep one of the blades rotated straight down. When I figure it all out I will make a vid and post it up letting everyone know what they need to do. I heard they don't shoot well with the fobs but I am dedicated and I have alot of faith in them. I'll keep you all posted and expect a video in about 2 weeks or so.

scott

· Registered
510 Posts
I used the 125 grain Bullheads with FOB's last turkey season and plan to do so again this year. I didn't change anything from my whitetail setup, just screwed on the Bullhead and went hunting (I did test shoot a couple of times first but made no changes to the setup). I shoot a 100 grain mechanical broadhead (NAP Spitfire) for deer so was a little concerned with the switch to a 125 grain Bullhead. Out to 25 yards (That's as far as I am comfortable shooting at a turkey neck) they worked just fine, taking two Toms in the same morning (Kansas).

Attachments

· Registered
229 Posts
Your Best arrow flight is going to be Tuning you Bow. I use a Laser for the left and right adjustment. and Then use my rifle boresighter ( laser) through and arrow shaft to check the point of aim with my sight.

· Registered
793 Posts
Your Best arrow flight is going to be Tuning you Bow. I use a Laser for the left and right adjustment. and Then use my rifle boresighter ( laser) through and arrow shaft to check the point of aim with my sight.
Wow that is an interesting way of doing it! By chance you have any pix to show how you do this?

· Only visiting this planet
4,326 Posts
I used the 125 grain Bullheads with FOB's last turkey season and plan to do so again this year. I didn't change anything from my whitetail setup, just screwed on the Bullhead and went hunting (I did test shoot a couple of times first but made no changes to the setup). I shoot a 100 grain mechanical broadhead (NAP Spitfire) for deer so was a little concerned with the switch to a 125 grain Bullhead. Out to 25 yards (That's as far as I am comfortable shooting at a turkey neck) they worked just fine, taking two Toms in the same morning (Kansas).
X2 - except I'm not as good as Stubbleduck :wink: and only got one tom (12yd) with the 100gr bullhead.

· Registered
229 Posts
I'll do my best to explain.

Here is the tool for the Left and right adjustment.

and for the Arrow Bore Sighter, This was just using some ******* common sense. Once you figure out the left and right side of the tuning. Use this devise down a 2315 shaft ( aluminum Shaft). You'll have to take out the insert. Yes I still shoot Aluminum , It should be a little larger than a 30 bore setting.

Remember that the space between the bow sight and the arrow laser with be off about 3 to 4 inches. The difference between your Arrow Point of impact and your Sight will be different, Same as a rifles Paralax ( the difference between you Crosshairs and your bore.
But the for most part everything will line up nicely and your bow should be TUNED IN!!! Good Luck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.