Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started shooting FOB's about 6 months ago, and from the very first arrow I shot with an FOB, I knew these things were going to be pretty awesome.

FOB's have tightened my groups, lets me spend less time fletching, and fly like darts. I wanted to share this picture with everyone who had any doubts about these. Hope you enjoy....

This was 3 arrows at 30 yards.

· Registered
4,458 Posts
I enjoyed it!:darkbeer: But I shoot FOBs too.:wink:
I haven't shot groups with mine yet, afraid to.:wink: Looks like what my friend did the first day we shot ours but he only did 2.
Nice shooting and cool pic.

· Registered
411 Posts
i really want to try some fobs but my hunting buddy thinks im stupid to try. he has been in bow hunting for a long time and i have only been bow hunting for 3 years now i wish i had extra money id do it anyway
Take a leap of faith and stop listening to what other people think about something they have not tried! I don't think you will be sorry you did. Go look at the Starrflight.com website and call Paul Morris and pick his brain a bit. Well worth it!

· Registered
4,458 Posts
take a leap of faith and stop listening to what other people think about something they have not tried! I don't think you will be sorry you did. Go look at the starrflight.com website and call paul morris and pick his brain a bit. Well worth it!
+1

· Registered
3,514 Posts
I started shooting FOB's about 6 months ago, and from the very first arrow I shot with an FOB, I knew these things were going to be pretty awesome.

FOB's have tightened my groups, lets me spend less time fletching, and fly like darts. I wanted to share this picture with everyone who had any doubts about these. Hope you enjoy....

This was 3 arrows at 30 yards.
Triple ringer! Great shooting and best of luck on the hunt.

i really want to try some fobs but my hunting buddy thinks im stupid to try. he has been in bow hunting for a long time and i have only been bow hunting for 3 years now i wish i had extra money id do it anyway
Give me a call or pm and I would be glad to over your set up. I can come close to making sure you will like the FOBs based on your set up or if something may not be FOB friendly. I would NEVER sell you anything if I did not think they would work.

Peer pressure....Who cares! Leader are leaders no matter how many years you have under their belt:wink:

Regards,

· Registered
747 Posts
I first saw these at the "SHOT SHOW" at the New Orleans convention center in 1993. I laughed when I saw them. I guess I'm a little old fashion when it comes to fletching. In the back of my mind I knew they would work but they were just so different. Congrats for giving something new a try and some dang good shooting!:wink: What type of rest do you use?

· Registered
3,514 Posts
I first saw these at the "SHOT SHOW" at the New Orleans convention center in 1993. I laughed when I saw them. I guess I'm a little old fashion when it comes to fletching. In the back of my mind I knew they would work but they were just so different. Congrats for giving something new a try and some dang good shooting!:wink: What type of rest do you use?
I think you may be thinking of the Broadheads rings that mounted right behind the broadhead. Is was to reduce the turbulence and make a vane work better. Montana Black came up with those. These came out late 2003 and replace the vane.

· Registered
19,079 Posts
Fobs are the real article. Paul is always there for any questions or concerns you may have. Great company and great guy!!

· Registered
747 Posts
I think you may be thinking of the Broadheads rings that mounted right behind the broadhead. Is was to reduce the turbulence and make a vane work better. Montana Black came up with those. These came out late 2003 and replace the vane.
1993, not 2003. I'm 99 % positive it was the starflight FOB as I had never seen anything like it before or after. I just watched all the videos on their site and would like to give them a try in the off season just for fun. Who knows, I may have to shoot these next year.

I'm sure of the year but maybe not the name. Now I wish someone around in 93 would tell me what I saw. On second thought, I think your right Paul. That was 15 years ago. I can't remember what I done last week!!

· Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

I shoot a Vapor Trail LimbDriver... Best rest i've ever used.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.