Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Livin' in a van....
8,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering if Fobs will work on carbon express arrows. Can I pull the bulldog collars off and just use the nocks directly into the shaft? Is that stupid or would it be feasible?

·
No Hype, Just Hunt
12,419 Posts
Yep you sure can, I have done it in the past and had no issues. The bulldog collars just help to avoid robin hooding them, I would not group with fobs. You will begin to very quickly break arrows or fobs and either way it gets expensive.

·
Livin' in a van....
8,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep you sure can, I have done it in the past and had no issues. The bulldog collars just help to avoid robin hooding them, I would not group with fobs. You will begin to very quickly break arrows or fobs and either way it gets expensive.
ok, just wasn't sure if the bulldogs had to stay on em. I like my fobs for hunting well enough that I don't wanna give em up. But wasn't sure if the arrows will work w/ that

·
No Hype, Just Hunt
12,419 Posts
Yep they are fine, it may move FOC just a tad forward but not much if at all. I believe the fob and bulldog weigh close to the same so nothing should change for ya.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Yes indeed you can.
I do.
I contacted the carbon express folks to ask that very question and they said removing the collars would not compromise the integrity of the shaft at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts