Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone use FOBs on their arrows? If so, what are results with them vs. vanes? Saw them on an arrow the other day and it just seemed...weird, I guess! Sorry if this has been discussed at length on here, I just joined not too long ago. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
793 Posts
how about through a muzzy zeroeffect rest? possible?

ttt

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I have them and I love them.....stable flight...less wind effect.

Just has to be a drop-away rest....check out the fob site. Paul has tested most drop-aways and describes how to set them up.

·
Undocumented
18,095 Posts
Does anyone use FOBs on their arrows? If so, what are results with them vs. vanes? Saw them on an arrow the other day and it just seemed...weird, I guess! Sorry if this has been discussed at length on here, I just joined not too long ago. Thanks in advance!
Not a Problem at All. Many of us use Starrflight Fobs and we are gaining Fans Every hour and everyday. Here are some links to help you out,

www.starrflight.com

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=617077&highlight=northwest75

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=576733&highlight=starrflight+fob

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=992078&highlight=starrflight+fob

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is great, thank you! I am starting to think I'll have to just try them out for myself -- how did you decide to "make the switch" so to speak?? I think it's going to be hard to let go of the vanes, but if these are as good as i'm hearing they are...

·
Undocumented
18,095 Posts
This is great, thank you! I am starting to think I'll have to just try them out for myself -- how did you decide to "make the switch" so to speak?? I think it's going to be hard to let go of the vanes, but if these are as good as i'm hearing they are...
The best time to try fobs is usually during the off season from hunting or tourneys. I Like many on here got tired of Fletching and dealing with glues on vanes. Now I only use glue for inserts. If for some crazy reason I break a fob or lose a fob while hunting ( hasn't happened yet). I can just pop a new Fob and nock on and the arrow is ready to go. I have never owned a fletching jig and never will. The few Vanes I did have were repaired by the shop or bought new. You will need a Drop Away rest. The Fobs are great in Windy Situations and for Great BH control. Plus I think Look great!. Just as you larend to shoot a bow with vanes, It will be easier to transition to fobs. Its all about having a properly tuned Bow and following Paul's Easy Simple Fob Tuning Set up.

·
Banned
1,674 Posts
You should give it a try, absolutely the best gizmo ever invited since the invention of fletching.

I have saved a ton of money and time on fletching, the tight group would simply pop the nocks and the FOBs off the arrow, amazingly, I only lost 6 FOBs but splintered 24 shafts. This means that the FOBs outlast the shafts 4 to 1. Try that on a conventional arrow.

If you are a hunter, the broadhead is much more sabilized witht he FOBs, and less windage effect shooting in a crosswind.

The FOB works great with Mathews Downforce, QAD, and Tri-Van Vanishing rests.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts