Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
are they worth it?? well it just depends... do you like to fletch your arrows? (i don't) do you want an easier and better steering fletching? if so the FOBs might be worth a try
do you just want flat out speed? If so then you won't like fob compared to other fletchings
Are you good at spotting exactly where you shot and animal? Or do you tend to kinda guess? If you guess then the FOB would be great as when the arrow goes thru the animal the fob pops off in the relative area of where the initial impact was

I will say that if you do try them they will sound a like different than ur regular fletchings but they are just as quiet if not quieter AT THE TARGET then ur regular fletchings...

I suck/hated fletchin arrows so I went with FOBs ... I can deal with a lil speed loss (like 3-5fps MAYBE) and the easy of use

FOB RULES
1)Don't shoot groups with ur FOBs
2) have to use drop away rest (which is probably more accurate anyways... that statement will start a fight)

·
Registered
442 Posts
they are worth it. the only issues are as petrey said, you cant shoot groups. My twin has them and when you get close, they tend to break. when they break, you can cut out a whole section though, and it flies just as good. yah there is a speed loss, but we have noticed that they fly much better. the only rest you can really use is a drop away, which you need to fine tune so when the arrow leaves the string, the FOB doesnt make any contact with the rest, otherwise it flies haywire. any questions, please let me know

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.