Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shoot GT 55/75 and 100 grain broadhead (I liket the head and don't want to change). My FOC is about 6-7%. I am getting ready to buy a new dozen GT's and am wondering about these add on weights. Where do these things install in the front of the arrow. I don't get it. Inside, behind the insert?

Also, my old nocks are the ones with the set screw inside. Are the new nocks better. I see a style with a bushing, that says it is lighter. Any experience with that. That my help my FOC.

Finally, any of you dealers have a good deal on some shafts? PM me.

Thanks,
Dayton

·
Archery Talk Sponsor
3,583 Posts
The add-on weights are for their target points and screw into the base. I think Lancaster has point inserts that have an adjustable weight system.

The new pin nock and bushing are great. The pin nock/bushing combo should be lighter than a Lock Nock. Pin nocks are much easier to change and adjust. Probably cheaper to replace, too.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Some, not all, of the GT glue-in points have threaded bases that allow placement of screw-in weights. The GT inserts also have threaded bases that allow for screw-in weights. You can add the weights before you glue in the points or inserts or after with the use of a shaft-length allen wrench type tool that fits the GT weights. Lastly, you can add weight to the nock end by adding a nock adapter that is also threaded for weights. By adding approximately the same amount of weight to both ends of the shaft, you can increase overall shaft weight without altering dynamic spine, or so goes the theory, LOL.

As for nocks, GT has three kinds that I'm aware of: the original lock nock that you can tighten in with an allen wrench, the new GT Series nock that is similar to an Easton or Bohning Super Nock, and the newer pin nock system. The lock nocks and pin nocks are super for shooting with a release and I prefer the GT Series nock for finger shooting. I like the pin nock system as the solid bushing seems to protect the back of the shaft from robin hoods but I've been noticing a small pile of broken pins at the base of targets lately. I guess the message is they're good but buy lots and check them constantly. I also have a few GT bushings that were made for G nocks, my favorite, but they're very tight and a pain to use.

You shouldn't have to use any glue on the nocks. The fit should be tight enough all by itself and still allow changing out broken nocks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.