Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was using the FOC calculator on Gold tip's web site and they suggest between 8-15%. My FOC came out to be 15.1%, is this ok or should i try and get it lower, if it needs to be lower what can i do to make it lower, btw i am shooting 24.5" arrows, 100 grain head, 3555 gold tip arrows and 3" feathers out of a Hoyt Magnatec.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Your in good shape for broadheads! I like around 10-14 for most broadheads but a little extra dosn't hurt.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
FOC has very little importance in hunting, unless you are hunting at 60-90 yards.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i won't be shooting more than 30 yards max and i only use my bow for hunting thanx for the replies!

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Grouping

The most important question is how are your arrows shooting? If they are shooting and grouping well who cares what your FOC is

·
74,535 Posts
Just a thought

In my travels I often get to talk with some of the best authorities in archery today. WK ole boy is right. Tim Strickland who is promble the best authority for Easton Archery and travels the country side for them told me FOC doesnt matter unless your shooting past 50 yrds. Underspined and Overspined is promblem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts