Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has been asked before but for you guys that go out for an all day hunt, what do you take to eat? Sandwich, snacks, what?

· have bow-will travel
3,997 Posts
Water or Gatorade, and my treestand mix of salted cashews/m+m's/raisins/salted peanuts. Sometimes have jerky and dried peaches. Also some mini snickers from Halloween. Keeps you warm.

· Registered
2,230 Posts
If im driving to ohio i 'll get up @ 3am & fix a very large breakfast. I stop @ a rest area to do my business before getting to the public land. I've found a very large breakfast holds me well into the day. Then just as i do when bow hunting here in WV i'll have a ziplock bag full of trail mix, 1 pepperoni roll, & 3 packs of peanut butter crackers. Thats what i eat when hunting from sunrise-sunset.

· Registered
1,539 Posts
Peanut butter sandwiches and Mountain Dew, everything tastes better in a treestand.
:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:set1_signs009:And Lots of cookies.......

· THwack--CRASH
11,208 Posts
Early in the season i do what some others do big breakfast and snacks but,in cold weather during the running prerut i'll take a backpack with bp/j sandwiches lots of snacks and a big thermos full of tomato/chicken noodle soup and crackers for all day staying power.also i'm addicted to bbq sunflower seeds my squirrel buddies like them too!

ps.....don't pour out too much hot soup at any one time you just might have to swallow it in a hurry!:darkbeer:

· Registered
276 Posts
all day? gotta treat your stomach right, usually spaghetti and baby back ribs.

Actually I can make it a whole day on one of those little packs of cheese crackers(6 cheese crackers). I'll take a 16oz bottle of water and usually only drink about half. A pocket full of werthers originals is a must!:wink:

· Registered
3,527 Posts
I start at home with VERY strong coffee.Bagel w/CC snacks with High protien usally protein bars during cold days.Nuts I stay away from fruit, few sandwiches.One thing that is main stay is Peanut Chew candy bars there like crack to me

· Registered
5,643 Posts
Pop tarts,I take them out of the noisey wrapper at the house.2 pop tarts and 16 oz. of H2O and I'm good from dark till dark.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.