Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So.... my mother in law got a head of steam and went to spray some areas of grass in my alfalfa/chicory mix and wound up accidentally spraying with glyphosate instead of clethodim :mad:
I haven't seen the damage yet, but I am expecting 5-6 ft by 8-10 foot wide bare spots through the plot in a few weeks. My question is since I could plant again in august, if I plant more of the same perennials to fill in the bare spots, will they grow again in the spring time with the stuff I already have planted? Or will they go dormant during winter and not come back until the fall next year?

·
Registered
750 Posts
For a variety of reasons, I wouldn't' bury her near you food plot.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can we have a little more back story on why she was just out there spraying ?
Yes, she had previously sprayed for the grass and weeds in the plot because I live 4 states away. She did mostly fine, but there were strips (literally) that were missed so there were 2-3 ft wide strips running for 30 yds of grass that were taking over. She saw them and went to go finish off those areas but had glyphosate mixed that she was using to spray the gravel driveway and for whatever reason thought she still had teh mixture used before in there. So here we are...

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I would just fill in the bare spots with the same alfalfa/chicory mix come August

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Yeah I would think you could easily plant the same mix and expect it to do just fine come next spring. Sure it might be a little behind in terms of growth but that can be expected under the circumstances

·
Registered
17,316 Posts
I'd replant with same blend or something close to it and it will grow just like it was, and possibly even if you didn't plant it would grow back also.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So in the fall when I plant the dead spots and overseed the rest of the plot...I am obviously going to work the ground in the dead spots, but for overseeing the established areas is it ok that I am not going to have prepared the ground at all? Will it still work in and grow?

·
2008 12pt
1,167 Posts
I did the fill in and overseed thing like your suggesting last year with clover in 2 plots. Worked the ground a little in the bald spots with a metal rake. Everything seemed to take well and looked good, especially early the next spring.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts