Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the Tecomate seed products? If so, what were the results. I am thinking about planting the "Monster Mix".

I would also like to know if anyone has tried the Mossey Oak seed products. "Full Draw" in particular.

Please let me know what you have tried and your location, results and how you felt about the seed.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I have wondered the same, only solid info I got was fellow in Tennessee used several. No Plow took forever to come up, deer didn't take to it nearly as well as others. Good Luck.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Go to www.bowsite.com. There is a article on foodplots called foodplot 2003. There is also a place on there to click on that has several other peoples input in a forum style on what they use and do. Hope this helps, good luck and God bless. :)

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Save your money and go to your local feed/seed store . You can buy the same seeds that they are selling as "deer" seed for about 1/4 the price . We get clover here red,white,ladino,and sweet for about $1.89 a pound chicory about the same cow peas run about $2.25 pound etc....... .

·
Registered
191 Posts
I agree with going to your local seed dealer since you will save yourself a ton of money for the same thing. I prefer using canola(also called rape seed). In North Dakota we used to raise a lot of it and they would pass up on the corn, soybeans, sunflowers, mustard, and alfalfa to get to the canola. It's also very high in protein. Deer also really like to eat sugar beets but that would probably be tough to get your hands on. Depending on area canola would also be fairly hard to get unless you want to pay for excessive shipping charges. Although this would still be a cheaper alternative than buying the "special" mixes in the store.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
I don't know where in South Texas you are planning on planting this food plot, but most of South Texas will not get enough rain under normal conditions to support comericial food plot plants.
There are some local food plot seed available at most of the regions larger seed outlets. The local feed and seed in the nearect town should be able to point you in the right direction.

Most of the people on this board are from back east and have ample rain fall each year to support better food plots. Than we do, so give the local guy a call....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts