Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to plant some biologic hotspot and it says it will be ready in about 2-4 weeks. I doesnt get cool till about mid oct till early november. Is it to late to plant this stuff and it be success full with good water and a good seed bed.

remeber bow season doesnt start till oct here so if the bag is right it will be ready right as the season opens

·
Registered
933 Posts
I'm in the same boat with you although the full draw bag didn't say how long it took to grow, it just said put them in anytime after mid august. Tried to do that but one thing led to another so today i finally put the seed down. Hopefully both of our plots come up in time.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I put 1 food plot in around Aug. 10th, 2 more plots the last week of August and 2 more different plots in today. As long as the weather stays good and we have plenty of rain we should be fine. This is a perfect time of year to get them in just in time for deer season. My earlier plots are coming up great. I would expect the same from todays planting. Go for it!:)

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
I planted Biologic last year at this time and it was good all winter, this year it is better than ever, nope I don't think it is too late.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
This would be a great time for your plot and plenty of time for it to grow before the cold season. In fact, it's now a really good time for folks in my area to put in their fall plots and I know several folks that were working on them this weekend. I just put in a Forage Oats plot last week and this week have total emergence, by next week it should look like a nice evenly green plot.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks yall

1 - 8 of 8 Posts