Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i read all kinds of cool DIY gagets on here, so how about food plot equipment. like disc's, plows, harrows, what ever any of you guys use to put out a food plot, mainly for behind a smallish atv (honda 350 4x4 rancher). also maybe something to carry stands. what do you all use, or do most buy commercial made products.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Interesting topic. Has anyone ever had good results with the discs that you can pull behind an atv. Just seems like anything that will dig very well would be hard on the transmission. We have a lot of white dirt, which basicly if its wet its too wet to work with and if its dry enough to get on it is hard as a rock! There's really no in between. Has anyone used an atv implement on this kind of dirt and it be very effective?

·
Registered
559 Posts
I know this is a DIY forum, but I purchased a Groundhog Max for my 4 Wheeler, and it works awesome.
http://www.atvplowsplus.com/shop/pc/
There was all kinds of vides on youtube, but they seem to have been removed.
The best part is, no towing a piece of equipment into the bush, just throw this thing on the bike and off you go.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
there are a lot of DIY products such as this from QDMAFORUMS.com

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have a ground hog. It is really amazing. You can oull it at high speeds. Other pull behing disk would not get down into the ground. this one has no problem.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discs

We made a set of ATV discs before. We found a junk set that had been grown over with weeds on our farm. We cut one set of four discs out from under it and made a tow bar. We added a section of railroad tie on top for weight and it worked great. I'm not sure where my father has it sitting now. I might try to make another set now that I think of it. I'll take pics if I get around to it. Seems like I have more ideas than I do time.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
ttt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts