Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its not really archery related but does anyone have a good recipe for smoking a deer tenderloin?

Thanks!

·
Registered
808 Posts
I have one that I and my family like really well. Cut the loin into 3 inch chunks. Then filet the loin into strips out of the chunks. Then seed jalepenos and fill with cream cheese. Season the loin with creole seasoning, wrap around the jalepeno and then wrap in bacon securing with tooth picks. Smoke to desired wellness and enjoy

9,027 Posts
That really sounds good! Here is one for a deer ham. Take the whole ham (get the glands out) including the bone and marinate in Wal-mart italian dressing, caribbean jerk, 6/7 cloves of minced garlic. Marinate for 24 hours. Sear over mesquite...really hot fire...for about 15 minutes on each side then place in a aluminum turkey pan, pour the rest of the marinade in too, and cover and move to the cool section of the smoker. Keep at about 225 F for about 4 hours. You will need to unseal the pan/tray one time to turn the ham over. This will fall apart in your mouth and you can use the extra juices for gravy. One guy made 9 briskets for a wedding and I made 2 deer hams...there were 7 briskets leftover and no deer. Enjoy!
Fred

1 - 4 of 4 Posts