Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Bought a unit from foodsaver like that on sale at Cabela's about 8 months ago. I've used it pretty hard(sausage making, meat processing, and preserving fruits and veggies from the garden, curing bacon and so on...) Mine is about wore out. It won't pull a full vacuum without some down-pressure on the lid. My next one will be a heavy-duty one from Pleasant Hills Grain Co. The foodsavers are fine for occasional use, but if you're going to run it hard, buy a better unit. Like grand dad used to say, buy cheap and cry often, or buy good and cry once. Whatever unit you but, don't go cheap on bags. Buy the best quality bag you can lay your hands on.

Cheers

·
Registered
474 Posts
Mine crapped out on me last night while I was sealing up a mess of venison snack sticks. Next stop Cabelas or Pleasant Hills Grain Co.

·
Extreme Opinionated One
44,520 Posts
I bought a foodsaver about three or four years ago. It went bad about a year after i bought it. I got in touch with their return center and they sent me a brand new one. It went belly up in a week and I sent it back as well and they sent me ANOTHER brand new one. This one has been working well (knock on wood) so far. It sure does make frozen foods last alot longer.

·
NAASP
14,493 Posts
I'm still using the same gamesaver I bought several years ago w/o issue.

Thats several deer a year processed. And all the "regular" daily use.

·
NAASP
14,493 Posts
Don't know what the model number of mine was/is.

It is silver and says Gamesaver on it.

Around 4 or 5 years of use and many rolls of plastic.

One thing I found is buy good plastic, and don't over fill.

I buy 50 foot rolls of Weston brand.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts