Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXKWf0dp9PQ Sick and tired of birds riding the spinner, squirrels messing with the spinner. This works great I have been doing it for the past 3 years. makes a bunch of dinner bell noise too. the corn only drops down, wish it would spread out. but it works. And now with this ez on off bucket , It sure will be easier

·
Registered
8,940 Posts
What keeps that lid from falling off the feeder? Watched the video twice and it looks to me like it not secured in any way and would just slip off.

I watched it again and think he said he was going to screw the blue lid to the feeder. He should have done that before making the video. :)

·
Registered
21,691 Posts
great idea but it dont work. ***** learn to hang upside down holding on to the spinner. And eat your corn knocking some out feeding the rest of the gang. Trust me i got pics of them doing it.

What i did was add chicken wire to the bottom of the bucket and raised the feeders higher. This worked ***** were defeated. But also meant zero bucks hit the feeders. I got the bucks back only after i took the bucket off lowered the feeder and turned the spinner off. So they could just lick the spinner and eat that way.

Does and small bucks worked the feeders with the bucket. Adult buck wanted no part of it. Added noise looks dont know why. But they just stopped dead cold once the buckets went up.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It does work..on my feeder. 15 ft tripod. It's been working for 3 years...***** can not reach. Squirrels can, but can't get at spinner...and yes the blue cutout needs to be screwed in.. next season

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check the time, this buck was just here, not big enough for my last tag. During the rut bucks won't come in. After well picture is the proof.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,940 Posts
I could never get deer to feed on my feeder when I hung it low so I cranked mine up about 15 ft. off the ground and they ate away. This was off season only as we are not allowed to feed unless hunting 200 yards from feeder and not in sight of the feeder. I just quit feeding at all 3 years ago as once you pulled the feeder the deer simply moved on. The **** problem never went away though as they just waited for the corn to hit the ground as did the squirrels.

·
Registered
21,691 Posts
Ok I got smarter ***** LOL.

Chicken wire on the bottom of the bucket. Will stop even most Smartest ***** :). Once deer get used to feeding at will on a lowered un powered feeder. Theres zero chance the spinner going off while there standing under it. Ive had that happen. Just trying to help but carry on and good luck :).

·
Registered
21,691 Posts
Looks like on a straight sided feeder. Why not just Just wrap it in wire and put a wire bottom on it. Have your cake and eat it to. No added noise would cast the feed and keep the critters out. EK000029.JPG Ive did that on those 5 gal feeders worked great. Thats how i found this buck. He moved and i had to follow him. See the feeder on the tree :).

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
and how do I get at the battery?

·
Registered
21,691 Posts
You could hinge the bottom or cut a door in the side. Ive never had a battery go dead in one season if i start with a new one. At worst 4 screws will hold it on. Take your cordless take out the 4 screws change the battery replace. How often does that need done once twice a year if you run one all year.

I had a **** unscrew the t nut on mine once. Dropped the cover and the battery. I put it back and he did it again. I had to replace the t nut with a reg nut. That started my war on *****. I hung one with a rope over a tree limb 15' in the air. Them suckers climbed the tree then down the rope. Hung upside down off the top of the can in that pic. And eat the corn and fed the ones on the ground. I was hog hunting at that time i even greased the rope. But the wire stopped them dead in there tracks.

Im honestly just trying to help. The wire on the bottom of the bucket cant hurt a thing. And it will help :).

·
Registered
Matthews Z7 Extreme & Mission Charge
62 Posts
Buy the ELIMINATOR SPINNER PLATE and you won't have to worry about *****, squirrels or birds again. I have these on all of my feeders and got rid of the cages. Now my feeders will spread the corn out really good instead of most of it winding up underneath it.

However your feeder needs to be a 12 volt so it will have enough power to lower the plate when it spins.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Anyone that doesn't like the spinner noise as myself. Check out the Ghost Feeder.
Been using them for couple years and seeing good bucks under them, that wouldn't come to the spin feeders. But still need a varmint guard.
Doesn't take ***** long to learn how to slide open the release door.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I like the noise, I have seen it in person, its like a dinner bell.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts