Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 ultratec set to 47 lbs, arrows are flatline 500 w/ 75 grn points 30" long. 0.008 thick lizard tongue rest.
I made a shoot thru set of cables for my command cams. and timed it. groups were not real good even though it was paper tuned so a freind suggested spaying the shafts w/ foot powder to see if it was hitting anything and it was. The powder showed that the rest was traveling across the shaft and clipping a flecht. I rotated the fletch until it no longer hit and adjusted the rest in until i have 1 lite streak going almost paralle down the shaft.

Here is where my inexperiance comes in should I now raise the nock point up a little so the back end of the shaft does not touch at all?

my groups at 20 yrds are pritty good 3 inside 3/4" and @long range fly nicely but when I shot bare shaft against fletched bare shafts @ 20 yards are hitting high and to the left, the groups are about 3" apart. left is the same direction witch the powder marks indicated tho now very slight angle.

what further should I do if anything?

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well I made allot of progress today I found out that my spline was a little to stiff switched from 75 grn points to 100 grn and the differance was incredable. My groups went to touching and bare shafts now hitting right in line with fletched. had to adjust nock point just a little. shot 6 arrows in a group of about 1" @ 20 yards 3bare shafts and 3 fletched. Not bad for a 50 year old man with glasses. Will see what it does at 30 yards tomorrow and further if it ever quits raining.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
spine, not spline

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is a spell checked version so you can read it properly Thank you for your input it is greatly appriciated;)

1. foot powder blues need help
I have a 2002 ultratec set to 47 lbs; arrows are flatline 500 w/ 75 grn points 30" long. 0.008 thick lizard tongue rest.
I made a shoot thru set of cables for my command cams, and timed it. Groups were not real good even though it was paper tuned so a friend suggested spaying the shafts w/ foot powder to see if it was hitting anything and it was. The powder showed that the rest was traveling across the shaft and clipping a fletch. I rotated the fletch until it no longer hit and adjusted the rest in until I have 1 light streak going almost parallel down the shaft.

Here is where my inexperience comes in, should I now raise the nock point up a little so the back end of the shaft does not touch at all?

my groups at 20 yards are pretty good 3 inside 3/4" and @long range fly nicely but when I shot bare shaft against fletched bare shafts @ 20 yards are hitting high and to the left, the groups are about 3" apart. Left is the same direction witch the powder marks indicated though now very slight angle.

What further should I do if anything?
Well I made allot of progress today I found out that my spine was a little too stiff switched from 75 grn points to 100 grn and the difference was incredible. My groups went to touching and bare shafts now hitting right in line with fletched. I adjusted the nock point just a little. Resulting in 6 arrows in a group of about 1" @ 20 yards 3bare shafts and 3 fletched. Not bad for a 50 year old man with glasses. Will see what it does at 30 yards tomorrow and further if it ever quits raining.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts