Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AK awhile back we were joking about the length of longbows. I hope it was you or I guess this a moot point. Anyway you were having a kick out of me using the term 60in or less for the length of a longbow. Well I have two longbows now, one self Osage @68in and a Sentman Razorback prototype (his #2 bow) @69in braced. They are as tall as I am. Feels weird when I go to my 52in Kodiak Magnum. I'm having a blast with these long sticks, although I will still look for a 60in or shorter longbow (oxymoron).
Have fun
Out for now

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
69"? What you doin wid a woods bow diver homeboy? My selfbow is 72"! Now thats a Looooonnnnngggggg bow.

:D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
ex-diver, Yep, that was me. Glad you finally got a few real longbows, LOL. I shot a 62" Thunderhorn "longbow" the other day and remembered our conversation. Oddly enough the Thunderhorn was really smooth and accurate and I really liked it. I called the maker and asked him if he made longer ones and 62" was the longest longbow (?) he made. I guess the times are a'changin'. I use to think my 68" longbows were pretty short. Anything shorter, we called "Flat Bows". I bet you'd love a 58" Thunderhorn.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah yes I'm feeling the love from you two.:) Longbows have been real fun, they make you shoot consistent that's a good thing.
It's just that I've never in 20+ years of shooting ever shot anything taller than me, just feels weird but I'm acclimating well.
Be cool:D
Out for now

Note: Thunderhorn bows get good reviews down here.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Ex-Diver, you might want to compromise between the long and the short of it and go with a 64" bow. O.L. Adcock just sold me the bow he built for Norb Mullaney to test and it's a smoker! To see a copy of the Norb's test results look at: www.bowmaker.net/test.htm
According to Norb, it's the first trad bow he's ever tested that will shoot a 9gr/lb arrow over 200fps @ 28" of draw. I can't wait to get my hands on it and run some cedars thru it.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Smoking

Floxter, I read that article last night. O.L. posted it on another website forum. Man it seems his designs are really launching them out there. Keep us posted on the performance of that stick.
Lucky
Out for now

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Hey, having fun! It DOES take a while to get used to the long longbows. Kind of fun to bring it out when most are shooting plains style osage bows. Makes them look like kids bows LOL!

My new bow is going to be 64". The Chaparral Kaibab that is. I'm expecting it to shoot close to the speeds that the Adcock bow does. Wish I had a chrono! Might have to break down and get one. It's supposed to ship the 29th. Oh, yea! Fletching some Carbonwood Vapors for it now.

Can't wait to hear what you think when that thing gets in Floxter. Soon?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts