Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my Pro elite, and my buddies new Vantage PRo have been in our local tuners hands for the last week. He has fully rigged both bows, and extensively tested/tuned (hooter shooter) both bows. We are both using fatboys right now, and they are spined great for our individual setups.

Bows specs are

My PE
c2 cam
XT 3000 limbs
8 5/8" BH
41.xxx ATA
30" DL
57#'s

VP
cam 1.5
XT 2000
7 3/4" BH
41.xxxATA
27.5"DL
61#'s

And the results are... Pro-Elite<Vantage Pro!

He said that the VP just tuned a hair better, and that he actually liked/thought that the cam1.5+ was a VERY forgiving cam, and he got it to tune well.

I found this as kind of a shock really b/c i figured the elite riser bow would have an edge in tuning/consistency. Him saying that the VP tuned better, is really nothing in the hands of me anyways cuz ill never shoot close to what either of the bows will lol:thumbs_up

I just thought that some of you would be interested in hearing this b/c there have been many, including me, wondering if the Vantage Pro would really be worth it (over not spending the extra 300 on the Vantage elite). I think my next target bow is going to be a Vantage Pro:cool::thumbs_up

Derek

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
Glad to hear it. I hear ya when you mentioned you will never be able to shoot what this bow is capable of doing. Same boat here. My Proelite fully outfitted is heavy. With both bows tuned to perfection, it's all up to the shooter now.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
My Vantage Pro won me the money this past Tuesday night in our shop's Vegas knock out shoot.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
hello

i was going to order v/E but to long of a bow for me so i order pro elite instead there both great bows .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts