Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whos ready for season Oct.1 man im ready ...what r yalls trail cams lookin like??? any one can post evn if your not in il

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Sorry, dont mean to crash an Illinois hunting thread, Im across the Wabash in southern Indiana and I'm gettin pretty anxious waitin on Oct. 1. Good luck out there.

·
Real helos, have 2 rotors
10,241 Posts
My best tree is droppin acorns and for the first time I am finding turkey sign.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I cannot wait for October 1st I'm about to go nuts. I just moved into college in Galesburg which is in Knox County and I've been looking for spots here right close to town but I really haven't been seeing many deer and not too many promising spots. Looks like I might have to go hunt Snakeden or something. Either way I can't wait!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Man ive been ready for months....What do ya guys think about the new tags? With this cold front the deer should be moving goooooood. Good Luck Guys and Lets go whack some deer:exclaim: :exclaim:

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
Lets see...

New 2006 Slick trick broadheads...stroped and polished to make sharper...now that was a feat as it was already pretty sharp.

All hunting knives stoped and hair popping sharp...

Bow tuned and ready...

Shooting out of an elevated stand...hopefully tonight when I get home from work. I'll climb into my tree stand in the back yard and do some shooting.

Clothes will be washed next week to smell like natural earth scent...err dirt.

All permanet stands hung and ready to go...

Traded two nice knives for a double bull t5...

Yes I've been more than ready for this season to begin.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Good Luck to all of you guys in the early season. Save one for me when I get there in November. FredB

·
Registered
66 Posts
We don't have any trail cam pics yet but we have reports of some big ones on our property in Illinois. I will be there on the 27th of September to do some scouting and to start the season. Then back again in November if needed. Oh, again in Dec. for muzzleloader.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Deerbrain

...that's what I have now...deerbrain. Condition that usually lasts until mid December (when I have to start thinking about Christmas for the kids). It also makes you hang 13 stands and clear some good shooting lanes in August (when it's HOT).

I'm ready to go! Clothes washed, bow (and shooter) is shooting great. BHs sharp, new battery in rangefinder. New batch of scent killer brewing. New mini video camera so I can "shoot" some video for my oldest daughter (she's 3). She loves looking for deer with daddy, watching deer shows, and looking a magizines (she knows the difference btw elk, caribou, moose, antelope, whitetail and mule deer...better than her mom! :teeth: ). Now I can share my hunts with her when I get back.

No trail cam pics, but have been out glassing and have seen some nice bucks and lots of does/fawns. Lots of twins were born this year. Haven't seen the big guys yet, but some nice 120-130 class bucks in very predictable patterns...almost same time and spot they are entering the bean fields. Not big enough to go after though (picky picky). More and more rubs every time I go out. Should be fun.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Way to excited for it to get here. Every year about this time I actually start dreaming about hunting. I have new stands in new areas that I think will really pay off. Shooting with all new equipment this season and shooting pretty good, I was cutting fletches off last night. Its been pretty cool, 39 this morning, that helps put you in the season mind frame. While hanging some stands last weekend I saw a LOT of acorns on the ground already.
I'm pumped, can't wait to smell that first deer, see that first deer,take that first shot, climb that first tree, take that first nap in the cool brisk air rocking in my tree 20 ft up.:D

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Someone told me that there was NO deer in Illinois this year.........

Walleye REv..............

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
I'm more than ready to get the season started! Have seen some fine bucks, have got plenty of trail cam pix of some great deer and the foodplots are looking awesome..... I'm ready!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts