Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Tooth, Fang, Claw
6,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now, I'm not a huge advocate on paper tuning, although I do believe that it is just an early/single process in the 'total tuning' job of your bow. But, if you're done setting up a bow, pull it out of the press, take your first shot through paper at 9 yards and it looks a little something like this, you're doin' good......... :eek:) Oh yeah, and that's with a QAD Ultra HD/LD using the standard launcher, out of a 60# Maxxis 35, 28" DL, shooting 2" Blazers on a 27" a/c/c 3-49...........

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Try that same shaft with no fletchings at 4-5 ft, not yards and see what you get, at 9 yds that arrow with fletchings probly has enough time to stabilize, I do not do paper tuning but to each his own

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
AGREED! But If that was my first shot though paper I would be very happy!
It's a great place to start:teeth:

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
i would say it looks good for just pulling it out of the press

·
Tooth, Fang, Claw
6,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try that same shaft with no fletchings at 4-5 ft, not yards and see what you get, at 9 yds that arrow with fletchings probly has enough time to stabilize, I do not do paper tuning but to each his own
Don't need to. Bare shafts hits at 20 yards same as the fletched shafts and fly like darts with field tips. Like I said, I'm not a big proponent on paper tuning, but for the guys who are, I just thought I'd give them an example on what it should look like. And yeah, that was straight out of the press and first shot through paper. Done. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
9,994 Posts
Don't need to. Bare shafts hits at 20 yards same as the fletched shafts and fly like darts with field tips. Like I said, I'm not a big proponent on paper tuning, but for the guys who are, I just thought I'd give them an example on what it should look like. And yeah, that was straight out of the press and first shot through paper. Done. :darkbeer:
It shot a perfect hole through paper and it bare shafted at 20 yards. Enough said, the results speak for themselves.

·
Tooth, Fang, Claw
6,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Opps, that's supposed to be 9 FEET, not 9 yards.......

·
Tooth, Fang, Claw
6,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
they will respect you. at nine yards they won't!!!
Yeah well I had a few cocktails last night after I got done then got on AT. :darkbeer: :darkbeer: Sometimes my fingers don't type what my brain is thinking....or vice versa......:D

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
I would settle for a tear like that!
Good setup!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts