Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 358 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to start off by saying Archery has turned into a monopolistic sport. I started in 1963 and consider myself a traditional bowman. I crafted all of my own tools: I made my own arrowheads, put in my bowstring with my bowstringer, and hunted with my own bow. I became the local expert arrowsmith for my community.

The problem with archery today is everyone relies on thier 'large corporations' to steal their wasted money on fancy tools that 98% of the time arent used correctly. It's like giving a Maserati to a 80 yr old senior citizen. No one takes time anymore to study and actually learn the art. People just jump right in and think they can become an expert in no time. Even at my old age, I bet I could take on most of these internet forum 'gurus' who wear their baggy clothes and think they can change the whole sport. This sport needs us old timers to bring the sport back to its roots, back to traditional archery.

·
Banned
6,826 Posts
flintknapper said:
I would like to start off by saying Archery has turned into a monopolistic sport. I started in 1963 and consider myself a traditional bowman. I crafted all of my own tools: I made my own arrowheads, put in my bowstring with my bowstringer, and hunted with my own bow. I became the local expert arrowsmith for my community.

The problem with archery today is everyone relies on thier 'large corporations' to steal their wasted money on fancy tools that 98% of the time arent used correctly. It's like giving a Maserati to a 80 yr old senior citizen. No one takes time anymore to study and actually learn the art. People just jump right in and think they can become an expert in no time. Even at my old age, I bet I could take on most of these internet forum 'gurus' who wear their baggy clothes and think they can change the whole sport. This sport needs us old timers to bring the sport back to its roots, back to traditional archery.
Dont drink the Bong Water :wink:

·
Registered
25,967 Posts
:rolleyes:

:moviecorn

:darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
LOl one whole post and its a real fire starter.. I think I am with H4E on this one.. Want a dark beer with that popcorn??:darkbeer:

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
Heck of a first post. First off I am curious as to what a "young hothead" is. Please shed light on this for me. Also, how do you consider archery a monopolistic sport when there are hoards of companies selling things from bows to broadheads to binos used in the sport. Also how can you state 98% of the tools aren't used correctly? Where are you getting this information? Also this forum is all about learning...it is open 24/7 for people to learn. Finally, it is one of those large corporations you speak so harshly against that brings you this sight free of charge and fosters this working environment. By the way, my grandfather walked to school 5 miles in the snow with no shoes, uphill both ways.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Geeze....

Ease up there Ward (Cleaver).....:)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Ya it's a pitty we all dont still get our information by the telegraph and pony express
With the advent of computers and television and radio woulden't it be just dandy to wait and hear the news a week or month late like it use to be. :wink:

Being the purist and traditionalist that you are I'm sure you still rely on a horse to get to work in the morning.

Here's to new gadgets and toys :darkbeer:

·
Registered
14,717 Posts
nice first post, i like your stile:darkbeer: :moviecorn

·
Registered
25,967 Posts
Hee hee hee............Okay, who has that SockPuppet picture saved on their PC???

:chortle: :chortle: :chortle:

Good Stuff there. :darkbeer: :darkbeer: :darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
ROFLMAO.. You were right I was wrong.. Should have seen it all the time.... I will try and do better..... I spit tea all over my monitor Javi.. Thanks....

·
Registered
847 Posts
Can you make me a set of tuned balsa wood arrows that can withstand
310fps and a pair of those cool buckskin undies I can wear on hot days ?

I'll just start there, because all of us teck junkies who can't shoot and try to buy our way into the pros are really more traditional than you think...that's what my 24" stab is for. After I anchor the animal with a finely placed texas heart shot, (I was aiming for the lungs, but my hight tech gear let me down) I then can swing my bow by the stab and bludgedon the animal to a humane death. Then I will load my animal onto my horse and buggy and head back to my tepe. LOL!!! :eek:

Take it easy my friend, to each his own.:wink:

Eddie Fosnaugh

·
Registered
301 Posts
:) I laughed so hard I almost did a shart!:confused:

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Thanks for explaining that, now I know why I cant get a 300/60x..... pheeewwwww! Thought all along it was just me :wink: :confused: I gotta go get some ice for my head, feels mighty hot to me......

1 - 20 of 358 Posts