Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what rest you guys use indoors for spots

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
???????????

I use the same rest indoors as I do outdoors. It only requires that I change the center-shot on the plunger as I shoot 2012's X7's indoors and 700 spine X10's outdoors. I also lower the height of the rest wire to put the x7's on the center of the plunger.

I shoot a Cavalier Free Flite Elite. It has proved to me, to be the most durable and adjustable rest I've ever used.

For our JOAD kids we use the Win & Win Magnetic rest. You can bend the wire at install to get the correct center-shot and it also has a vertical adjustment feature. For kids it is 9 times less money than the Cavalier.

Regards,

·
Registered
381 Posts
Compound or Recurve? For Compound nothing beats the reliablity of a Pro-Tuner.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i shoot a compound but i was wonder how much the rest is and the name of it my friend shoots a pro tuner

·
Registered
381 Posts
They are about $80.00....I found an older one on E-Bay....I think I got it for $35....regardless, they are worth the money. I know there are other rests that are good, but what ever you do, don't buy cheap. If you're not happy with the cheap one...you'll end up paying twice.

·
Registered
6,647 Posts
Blade style rests are very popular. I use the Trophy Taker Spring Steel 1 with a .012 wide blade and it works fine for indoors. I actually use the same arrow rest and just swap out the blade for a .010 narrow for outdoors. Very versatile and tuneable. Similar in nature to the Pro Tuner and the GK blade rests.

Drop-aways aren't bad either, especially for shooting big fat indoor arrows with heavy points. Seems to be a little easier to tune those arrows off the drop-away, or at least tune for no contact which is very difficult to do with the blade style rests.

Couple ideas anyways............:)

>>-------->

1 - 8 of 8 Posts