Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Aim Small-Miss Small
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do ya'll care your bows in a case when hunting close to home or do lay your bow in the seat. I was just wondering, I usually just lay mine in the back seat of my truck.

·
Registered
12,053 Posts
In Minnesota we need to keep out bows "cased or unstrung" in our vehicles. When I shot a recurve, I would just unstring it. Tough to do with a compound, so mine is cased for tavel...

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
Easykeeper said:
In Minnesota we need to keep out bows "cased or unstrung" in our vehicles. When I shot a recurve, I would just unstring it. Tough to do with a compound, so mine is cased for tavel...
Same deal while hunting in Colorado, as I understand it.

·
She's baaaaack!!!!
20,524 Posts
I always carry it cased with extra arrows and other tools of the trade stored in the case. In the early years I didn't do this. Carrying all my extra gear and a portable treestand I now know will eventually lead to a dinged sight pin or other damage to the bow.

·
Team #28
5,828 Posts
I always will have my bow in a case. It is better to be safe and have your bow protected than sorry. If you spend all summer and fall tweaking you bow into tune, why risk knocking it out of adjustment or damaging the strings. Just my opinion

·
Registered
177 Posts
Backseat works for me, Unles sim taking like a 900 mile trip up north, then ill uncase it as soon as i hit legal huntin ground! (about mile 500)
Steve

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Always cased for travel. You never know when someone will pull out on you and you have to do one of those stops that sends everything in the vehicle sliding forward.

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
In Minnesota we need to keep out bows "cased or unstrung" in our vehicles.
Ditto for Illinois.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
if i use the car, i wont drive far, so i just lay it on the backseat.

·
I like big buffs!
4,291 Posts
I usually lay mine in the passenger seat or in the extracab (backseat). I used to case it but with a bow mounted quiver, arrows, etc. it is just easier to set it in the seat.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Mine is in the case from the time I leave home till I've changed and am ready to hunt. Don't want to have anything stupid to happen to it. It only takes a few minutes to get it out and ready to go.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
sbarnes489 said:
Gotta be cased in MI. The DNR don't like them uncased here.
and
Easykeeper said:
and
illbowhnter said:
In Minnesota we need to keep out bows "cased or unstrung" in our vehicles.
Ditto for Illinois.
and
beauhunter said:
Wisconsin is the same.
WOW!!!!!! This is sad that the states have such STUPID laws, then again, all 4 are BLUE states. And we all know that the liberals just love hunters. :rolleyes:

Mine is usually cased, because I keep my arrows, release, arm-guard, gloves, and scent bottles in the case. But if we had a law saying it had to be "unstrung" or "cased," I'd not case it just in protest. I suppose this is to prevent archers from performing drive-by shootings??? :crazy:

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
For local hunting my baby rides in the passenger seat ;)

·
Registered
5,591 Posts
In Michigan, it is not even legal to put the bow in the case on or in the vehicle. If, at any moment, the bow is in or on the vehicle and not in a closed case, you are violating the law. This means I always put my case on the ground while casing/uncasing my bow.

Sad, yes, but I'd rather spend my money on archery/hunting gear than fines. :wink:

Best Regards,
Byron :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Legalities aside, I always keep my bow in the case to protect it. I don't want any damage to what to me is a sizable investment.

·
Registered
15,276 Posts
My bow rides in it's case.
I carry extra arrows,broadheads,string wax,allen wrenches and other stuff in there too. Just in case(no pun intended):wink:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts